Not in my name.....

Bazj

http://www.warrington-worldwide.co.uk/articles/17559/1/MPs-anger-over-support-for-landfill-site/Page1.html

Given that it is now only Halton and Merseyside now dump waste at Arpley, will the two councils drop their support for a five year extension to the tip license just because David Mowatt has written them a letter????

Personally I can't see it as it would mean that Halton and Merseyside would need to find another site to dump their waste and they are hardly going to start looking in their own areas are they?

What is the problem with allowing the tip to open another five years if there is capacity?

The majority of people live along the road have bought their property knowing there is a tip there. If you close this tip all that wil happen is that the lorries will have to go past other peoples houses.

This is the view of part of Arpley Landfil I took from Moore Nature Reserve a couple of years ago whilst having a nice stroll with the dog.

I wondered why there were so many gulls bathing in the water then I looked to the left and realised why. Yeuch !!

IMG_1740-1.jpg

IMG_1737.jpg

We started recycling in Newton in October with fortnightly bin collections. We can recycle paper, cardboard ,food & plastic bottles... all other plastic packaging has to go to landfill which seems to be missing the point. As a result of 2 weekly collections ,the bins are that heavy they can hardly be moved ,i don't know how people with families go on.

Bloody bins...... Ours is full plus another bag which was destined for the neighbours but.....

.....Other half forgot to put the bin out at 6.30am this morning before going to work and I didn't notice until it was too late and had missed the early morning bin men.

So now I'll have to take a whole two weeks of stinky rubish to the tip in my car tomorrow !!!  

Ahh well our own faults I guess and it will get me back in practice for the hotter summer months like last year when I did the tip trip weekly to stop the smells and flies after we went to fortnightly :(

What is the problem with allowing the tip to open another five years if there is capacity?

The majority of people live along the road have bought their property knowing there is a tip there. If you close this tip all that wil happen is that the lorries will have to go past other peoples houses.

True but many of the people alond Old Liverpool Road probably lived there before the tip and I'm sure I remember when the new large housing estate was being built around there that the developers/council said the landfil site only had a few years left and would be closing so I guess people trusted and believed in that.  

Same as those buying houses on a flood plain then wondering why their homes flood though I guess.  Silly people :wink:

• Upvote 1

http://www.warrington-worldwide.co.uk/articles/17559/1/MPs-anger-over-support-for-landfill-site/Page1.html

Given that it is now only Halton and Merseyside now dump waste at Arpley, will the two councils drop their support for a five year extension to the tip license just because David Mowatt has written them a letter????

Personally I can't see it as it would mean that Halton and Merseyside would need to find another site to dump their waste and they are hardly going to start looking in their own areas are they?

Note that David Mowatt has also written to Chester and West Cheshire who interestingly have recently agreed an 8 year contract with FCC (Fomento de Construcciones) for the disposal of their waste. Perhaps it is not only Halton and Merseyside who are hoping to dump their waste at Arpley?

Also of interest, FCC have financial backing to the tune of £381 million from Royal Bank of Scotland and are also getting £80 million from their Spanish parent company Fomento de Construccion for international expansion.

When people in Warrington have been making a real effort and progress in recyling I don't see why we should have other peoples toxic crap dumped on us. Research shows that living near landfill sites is hazardous to health, Respiratory problems, children's immune problems and birth defects being among the dangers.

FCC at present have a class A1 licence permitting the dumping of both non hazardous and hazardous wasteso if permission to dump is extended who knows what will be heading our way in the future?

Talking of the future - does anyone know where is it proposed that the chemically toxic and radioactive waste from the fracking experiments will go?

True but many of the people alond Old Liverpool Road probably lived there before the tip and I'm sure I remember when the new large housing estate was being built around there that the developers/council said the landfil site only had a few years left and would be closing so I guess people trusted and believed in that.  

Same as those buying houses on a flood plain then wondering why their homes flood though I guess.  Silly people :wink:

So how long has the tip been there then?