Will Ed Balls it up?

observer

Seems Labour are promising a return to a 50p super-tax, which in theory, should yield £100million pa.  Problem is, unless you have legislation in place without loop-holes, advised by the very people who move on to advice the evaders/avoiders,  and an inspectorate with the guts to gather it from the big fish; the Tories may be right in saying that the tax take will decrease.

How much does he get paid ? 

When he was a government minister, Ed Balls had a salary of about £141,000 a year. His wife; Yvette Balls was also a government minister and also on £141,000 a year.... this was obviously not enough for them:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/mps-expenses/5325590/Ed-Balls-and-Yvette-Cooper-flipped-homes-three-times-MPs-expenses.html

He also gets quite a few sponsors and other freebies; paid for by various companies and individuals...these are a couple of the biggies:

(full list link at the bottom)

• ( Name of donor: Pricewaterhouse Coopers
  • ( Address of donor: 1 Embankment Place, London WC1N 6RM
  • ( Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: the services of a research assistant/analyst to support me in my opposition front bench role, for 5 days a week on a 17 week secondment from 5 November 2012 to 1 March 2013, value £88,060
  • ( Date of receipt: 5 November 2012 to 1 March 2013
  • ( Date of acceptance: 5 November 2012 to 1 March 2013
  • ( Donor status: Limited Liability Partnership
  • ( (Registered 3 December 2012)

• ( Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: the services of a research assistant/analyst to support me in my opposition front bench role, for 4 days a week on a 22 week secondment from 4 January 2012 to 1 June 2012, value £72,576
  • ( Date of receipt: 4 January to 1 June 2012
  • ( Date of acceptance: 4 January to 1 June 2012
  • ( (Registered 14 January 2012; updated 18 June 2012)
  • ( Date of receipt: 6 June 2013
  • ( Date of acceptance: 6 June 2013
  • ( (Registered 21 June 2013)

http://www.theyworkforyou.com/regmem/?p=11740

Not bad when someone else pays for your employees is it????

I think if you started to do Tory Ministers you would get a bigger shock

Not really; I think most people expect Tory ministers to have a gifted background; that is generally where their parliamentary members come from.... it is the Labour lot who somehow see themselves as the champion of the working man whilst trousering hundreds of thousands of pounds of taxpayers money that is more of a surprise