Selling Cars Locally

ThatCrazyLady

Then you have to hope there is someone in Warrington that wants a VW polo of the spec you are selling I guess.... plus if you sell it locally there is always a chance you will be plagued with calls from the buyer if anything goes wrong!

speculate to accumulate is the phrase I believe....

I bought my present motor bike from birmingham. Got the brother to take me down there and rode it back.

He has also bought his latest day van from a place in southampton. went down on train and drove it back.

So you would be surprised. if somebody wants it for the price then they will travel the distance to get it.

I'll see how it goes - if I get no bites will pop it on ebay

And who ever buys it will most likely be localish - who drives miles and miles to buy a car?

My last 5 cars have all been bought from miles away... One Corsair came from the Isle of Wight, one from down near Brighton and another Corsair from South London.

2 Mercs also from London and a Merc from Birmingham. I have also sold cars to people from all over the country..... You would be very surprised how far people will travel for the right car! :)

Autotrader's better online RC as you can search for specific cars, area or price range and saves having to read through every damn advert like you had to in the paper version. 

Costly to advertise though (not that I have ever used it as I don't want a newer car)  :)

I used a car sourcing company for my last vehicle exchange - you tell them what you want and your budget - they find the best vehicle matching your spec - deliver it to your home and take the old one in part exchange - they even gave me a better trade in price than a main dealer! :)

I've never heard of car sourcing companies Gary apart from the similar sounding types who prey on autotrader type sellers and say they can sell your car for you.  Is that the same ? 

Are yours local and do you get to test drive and check it over before you get it ?

I didn't get what he meant either CrazyL.... maybe it's a man + car thing :wink:

PS  How olds your polo as both my (err 'our') cars are over 15 years old and ones done over 130k miles..... and I've only got £3.27 in my purse :)

Lol! Its 2002 so still pretty new looking and respectable!

My other halfs car is 32 years old - and hasn't let us down once!