Incidents in Paddington and Woolston

Sheila_P

I have read on Facebook this morning, that men are knocking on doors, at unsociable hours, asking for directions.

One lady in Paddington, who couldn't sleep, was up at 5 am when a man knocked on her door asking for directions to Whitecross. After being given the directions, the man walked away in the opposite direction.

This morning at 1 am two males knocked on a door in Woolston, asking for directions to Partington, without using main roads.  One of the males was about 18 years old and one was about 12 years old.

In both instances, the house lights were on.

It was also mentioned that there have been a number of burglaries and cars being stolen in the area.

Be vigilant.

I wouldn't answer the door but would probably go upstairs and shout down from the window.

It would seem that people are checking that the houses are occupied and not out, having left the lights on.

It must be an ongoing problem, since the Police used tracker dogs to try to find the men last night.

I saw it mentioned on facebook yesterday from a notification on the 'buy it, sell it, swap it' page.  God knows who added me as a member to that damn place.

Anyway.... as it was only mentioned on there and there was nothing on the local news pages or police tweet feeds etc I just thought it was the usual nonsense being spouted on the FB page by over exaggerating swappers so ignored it and I didn't see this topic  :oops:

How come nothing has been released from the police to warn people ?  Saying that I guess doing that would alert the people they are trying to catch that they are on their case :wink: 

Hope they catch them soon !!

PS Indy... If you see our caravan being towed past your house can you let me know pdq, saying that it's not a twin axle so should be ok   8)  :lol:

My two dogs are very vocal at anyone coming down the drive, a great way to make them think twice, add to that the fact that I created a gravel drive area on the run up to the front of the house (essential as its impossible to get over it without making a lot of noise) the dogs pick up on the slightest noise ... anyone knocks on my door during the early hours they would be greeted by the dogs first !!!

• Upvote 1

I know I'm going to sound like a typical Victor Meldrew but......

When I was young we lived in a detached property and the nearest other house was about 500yds away.

But when we went on the family fortnights holiday nobody gave a second thought to security we just went and then came home without ever thinking anything would be amiss,and it never was,in all the 14 years of our holidays.

And that was only in the late 50's early 60's.

I imagine some of our younger posters would find this totally unbelievable,which is so sad.

• Upvote 1

It is a shame that these days you have to look over your shoulder in many ways, unsolicited phone calls trying to sell you things you don't want, charity bags through the letterbox almost every day of the week as well as buckets of junk mail every week. Seems that the specific goal of most of these people is to get you to part with any spare money that you may have ??

It's a bit disconcerting that Warrington East NPU don't seem to be monitoring their Twitter feed and answering requests for information.

Indy, which day were the Police around?

When the call to the Police was made in Woolston, there were three patrol cars at the house before they had put the phone down.  So there's obviously an ongoing 'threat'.

I just wish some details were forthcoming via the local media, or Police.

I was out visiting an elderley relative this afternoon and found myself racing home as dusk was falling.

Sheila, if they are out doing patrols of the area they probably don't have time to 'tweet'.  Also as they said they have arrested a male in connection with on going enquiries (which may or may not be to do with this as it doesn't say) maybe they possibly can't say anything as it's 'on going' and they are still trying to catch the others. 

Good to know they are patrolling the area and here's hoping the grots haven't realised and moved on to other streets/local areas..... Hope they haven't come this way EEK !!

By the way.... for anyone living in Grappenhall... a friend of mine said tonight that there have been quite a lot of break in's over the past couple of weeks.  From what they have heard on the grapevine they have mainly been at night when people are asleep.   

Completely understand your point, Dizzy but all the other strands of the force seem to be monitoring their bit of the town.  As long as they come up with a result, I'll be happy.

I've had a message on my phone tonight (not sure how it ended up there, I've been out tonight).  A burglary has happened in Grappenhall, with lots of valuables being taken.

I know to a thief it's only a way of making money but to the people who have lost the goods it will be tons more sentimental than that xx