Christmas Lights

Coffee

Has anyone noticed that very few houses are al dressed up this year.

When my niece was younger used to drive round the streets and see all the houses all lit up, now my niece is 11 and all grown up I drive round by myself but this year there are hardly any

Quite sad

On a related note, why does the council not plant a tree in the town instead of bringing a new one in every year

My birthday is 14th December (yes I know how ironic that is on here.....) and when I was a kid, mum and dad would not put any decorations or a tree up until the 15th at the earliest.... as my dad always said; "you wouldn't have a Christmas tree up if you were born in June!"

My sisters B'day is the 17th December (she is 10 years older than me) so it was the 18th before the tree went up when she was younger....

They certainly aren't in the bungalows down Gainsborough Road Obs :wink:  Looks lovely as it does every year.  

I think it's far too early for xmas decs though and I'd be sick to death of ours by christmas day if we put them up now.

Baz ... that must have been one heck of an expensive few weeks for your parents each year.

Has anyone noticed that very few houses are al dressed up this year.

When my niece was younger used to drive round the streets and see all the houses all lit up, now my niece is 11 and all grown up I drive round by myself but this year there are hardly any

Quite sad

On a related note, why does the council not plant a tree in the town instead of bringing a new one in every year

A few people round our way (including me) put ours up last Sunday - but I suspect the majority will be going up this weekend.