Huge tree blown down.

algy

A huge old tree has been blown down due to the high wind this afternoon at the rear of Thelwall view cottages in Bellhouse Lane, Grappenhall, the tree is resting precariously against another and there are presently are gang of tree fellers attempting to bring it down completely (1800hrs), there is no damage to property and no casualties.

Blimey Algy are your camera batteries dead or something, where's the photos ?   :wink:

Glad to hear nobody has been hurt or had their property damaged.

It was pitch black and the guys wouldn't let me near the tree as it was in such a dangerous state, they had chains round the trunk and were attempting to dislodge it by pulling it with a large tractor, it moved at one point and they literally ran for their lives.

:lol:  :lol:

You are forgiven Algy..... although I did drive through a raging torrent today to take a few pics of the floods and I also walked across a flooded road to get a better positioning forgetting that I had my suede boots on and they have gone a funny colour  :|  :lol: