Most inconvenient.

P J

Apparently, the gulf state of Qatar is experiencing industrial relations problems in its quest to build stadia & infrastructure for impending World Cup games. There are  allegations of poor working & lodging conditions & sub standard wages....i wonder if any of these prospective  eastern European immigrants will opt to head to the warmth &  plentiful employment of Qatar which will stay pay more than what they are used to or will they come to soft touch Britain ? I know what my money is on.

Apart from the obvious differences between the UK and Qatar, their government are refusing to issue exit permits to foreign workers that want to leave Qatar whereas the UK government would willingly issue exit permits to foreign workers the problem we have is finding them to give the permits to them, also the Qatar government are confiscating the passports of foreign workers whereas the foreign workers over here, half or more don't possess passports.

Apart from the obvious differences between the UK and Qatar, their government are refusing to issue exit permits to foreign workers that want to leave Qatar whereas the UK government would willingly issue exit permits to foreign workers the problem we have is finding them to give the permits to them, also the Qatar government are confiscating the passports of foreign workers whereas the foreign workers over here, half or more don't possess passports.

“Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple.”- Dr Seuss.

or, as on this forum

"Sometimes the questions are simple and the answers are complicated." - Algy

“Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple.”- Dr Seuss.

or, as on this forum

"Sometimes the questions are simple and the answers are complicated." - Algy

Erm, ok.

Erm, ok.

You deserve a better answer than that fugs, my reason for stating "half or more don't possess passports" was purely a guesstimate as no one seems to know the true number of foreigners either illegal or legal that are here in the UK, so how does anyone arrive at a true figure?. The hotel that I worked for used housekeeping staff from a Korean agency and they rotated their staff around weekly, they were bussed in and out and all were here illegally!.

Kije, blame the Editor at CH4 News; tonight they had a report on Bulgaria of all places ! Around 500,000 Syrians are existing in refugee camps in Turkey, and apparently some 5,000 to date, have decided, for 300 Euros, to get smuggled into Fortress Europe "for a better life". The normal route into Greece has been fenced off; so now they are entering Bulgaria (the poorest Country in the EU). Unfortunately, by accident or design, conditions in their temporary camp aren't as comfortable has they expected, the Bulgarians don't seem to relish the idea of immigration, so many are now looking to asylum in other EU Countries. So perhaps in January, they will join the exodus from Bulgaria - wonder where they'll be heading?! No doubt Kije will claim that they are all professionals, and will secure highly paid employment and start paying taxes for Health & Education etc?!

algy you are of the opinion their is to many immigrants, as your gross distortion of a news article substantiates, you sulk if you want to, I will continue to counter bulls**t,

Obs

What is the point in going on about it Obs, you have already said your mind is made up, most people stay off this subject, my mind is made up, why not talk about something else, as its going nowhere, or who are you preaching too?????

algy you are of the opinion their is to many immigrants, as your gross distortion of a news article substantiates, you sulk if you want to, I will continue to counter bulls**t,

Obs

What is the point in going on about it Obs, you have already said your mind is made up, most people stay off this subject, my mind is made up, why not talk about something else, as its going nowhere, or who are you preaching too?????

Ooooooo! don't rip yer frock Eltee, remember - 'Bitterness is like eating rat poison then waiting for the rat to die!" :D:wink: