HS2 (part 2) ?

observer

The whole point behind a high speed system is to separate it from other traffic in order to ensure it's "high speed". There is currently conflict on our rail system between, inter-city (high speed); local commuter traffic and freight: so the whole point is to increase capacity and speed for inter-city traffic or does the logic escape you Kije?

No it doesn't , less passenger trains run at night unless you hadn't noticed, that's why the bulk of freight traffic is at night

yes but they are not planning to run freight traffic on the massive waste of public money HS2

It says so on their own website or are you just ignoring that fact because you still think you are right? Just admit you are wrong.... go on; I dare you :)

Have you read the official HS2 website on the link I posted Kije? Or are they wrong and you are right because it certainly says they won't be running freight on the new HS2 line..... Maybe it says different on a Mac? :)

• 2 weeks later...

Used to be quite pro HS2 but they have now announced it wont link up with HS1 to save £700m connecting the two. Will still therefore have to change in London for continental rail services. In that case, no longer for it as all it will be is a glorified buisness man special to London. No European benefit at all to the NW which I was willing to support it for.