Police Cars

Coffee

As no one is posting...

I once thought of joining the police, had I known I could be driving in one of these supe KIA cars the police have around Warrington I would have, wonder if it is not to late?

However was in Chester the other day and noticed a couple of Hyundai police cars, wonder how come Cheshire police use KIA in Warrington and Hyundai in Chester.

Tryed to find on the net what type of cars the Cheshire police use but got no where

Used to be a site that listed unmarked police cars, their colour and reg number but that does not seem to exist anymore

Motorway police tend to use BMW estates and Range Rovers (although those are getting less used)

Cheshire do still use Vauxhall cars and some of the small unmarked cars are Corsas and the like. Unmarked cars are not usually of one make, but Cheshire do have a lot of plain BMW's

Years ago, the motorway Police around Stafford had a fleet of Jaguars that were tuned up and very fast, Bristol used an unmarked MK5 Cortina for many years after they were replaced by the Sierra (very sneaky when a 10 year old Cortina pulls you up!)

Scorpio and Granada Cosworths were previously used by a few forces as they were also very fast as were Vauxhall Senators. GMP Used to have 3 2.8i Capris which were bought to catch armed robbers who were using powerful cars to outrun the forces Panda cars (Some may remember the high profile spate of robberies in the late 80's by a gang using sierra Cosworths and Capris) The Capris are still around on the show circuit (My mate owns two of them!! as well as a genuine 1963 North Wales Police MK3 Zephyr!)

Needless to say, there isn't a "Standard" police car!

• Upvote 1

I thought they still all drove Vauxhalls, shows how observant I am.  :oops:

Makes sense not to have a site listing the unmarked police car reg's though as it would sort of defeat the object :wink:

I do not think it was an official police site. Although I do not think it make a difference to normal people whether they know reg numbers of unmarked cars.

Sheffield police change the number plates every three months on their unmarked cars because criminal look outs get to know the unmarked cars, that is according to a radio story.

Motorway police tend to use BMW estates and Range Rovers (although those are getting less used)

Cheshire do still use Vauxhall cars and some of the small unmarked cars are Corsas and the like. Unmarked cars are not usually of one make, but Cheshire do have a lot of plain BMW's

Years ago, the motorway Police around Stafford had a fleet of Jaguars that were tuned up and very fast, Bristol used an unmarked MK5 Cortina for many years after they were replaced by the Sierra (very sneaky when a 10 year old Cortina pulls you up!)

Scorpio and Granada Cosworths were previously used by a few forces as they were also very fast as were Vauxhall Senators. GMP Used to have 3 2.8i Capris which were bought to catch armed robbers who were using powerful cars to outrun the forces Panda cars (Some may remember the high profile spate of robberies in the late 80's by a gang using sierra Cosworths and Capris) The Capris are still around on the show circuit (My mate owns two of them!! as well as a genuine 1963 North Wales Police MK3 Zephyr!)

Needless to say, there isn't a "Standard" police car!

Do they not use BMW X5s now instead of Range Rovers?

I know the police have an unmarked Ford Mondeo in Warrington as I have seen it a couple of times recently and before you ask, no it was not because I got pulled over that I know - I managed to escape!!!!

I wonder how many unmarked traffic cars are operating around Warrington, they could do with deploying one or two around Orford especially on sunny Sunday afternoons. Maybe next year!