The new stage musical in NY, Spamalot

Jerry

I've been reading about the advance ticket sales, seems it will be big hit on Broadway. Tonight I saw the promotional advertisement on TV -- showing King Arthur's men singing Look On the Bright Side of Life, Tim Curry, David Hyde-White, and Hank Azaria -- and it looked to me like Idle himself, coming in from the wings and imperiouosly suggesting the sketch was TOO SILLY. Add new topic -- LIVE STAGE PRESENTATIONS? Maybe you Brits get to see them too much, but here in L.A. we have to depend on touring companies. That's how I got to see Diana Rigg and Keith Michel in ABELARD AND HELOISE a few years back.

Was it also a stage musical, live actor show? I saw clips from the movie but never got to see it through. I saw Life of Brian a couple times. My favorite TV sketches were ?rgument Clinic, Pet Shop, Cheese Shop, Book Shop... Nudge,Wink, Say no more...

Good suggestion. I saw only the promos -- where they ride pretend horses the same way little boys do, and they see Camelot over the hill, and shout CAMELOT, CAMELOT, and one of them stage whispers, 'it's only a model' -- and I believe it was Graham that says, 'this new learning intrigues me, tell me again about how sheeps bladders may employed to prevent earthquakes.' Oh, and one more, one of them says, 'I don't see how seeing a lady in a lake with a sword is any basis for forming a government' or something like that. Oh, and John Cleese is a black knight, and either he or his opponent keep losing limbs -- hm, mayber it was a highlights -- but should get the video then.