Are the old Hospital buildings still there?

Tracey Bennett

The building in Baz's pic is the same one? Really! Admittedly I've not been there for many years but from memory, the bit described as 'the main block' on the workhouses link is the building I remember and was joined to the main hospital building. The entrance in the middle up the steps was just near our break area.  I'm not sure whether that bit's called the Kendrick wing or not. But if it's the same one, as Dizzy says, they must have knocked down the vast majority of the old building and left a small bit standing which feels a bit like vandalism. 

There were also a few smaller houses scattered about, not connected to the main block, which were used for admin etc. They were built in the same style so looked similar which is why I assumed Baz's photo was one of those. 

Surely the old infirmary was in Kendrick Street  ,which would have been down Midland Way & roughly where the Crown Courts are .

It says on here that the old infirmary and A&E was where you say....

There's other info about Kendrick Wing etc on the link too

http://www.warringtonandhaltonhospitals.nhs.uk/page.asp?fldArea=5&fldMenu=3&fldSubMenu=1&fldKey=1017

Are you using IE 10 too ?  I wondered if it might be that as it's what I've had since getting my new pc a few months back and never had a problem editing before the new pc.... if I log out, close IE 10 then log back in again I can usually edit my post then though.

The little button to change text colour stopped working for me too.  Does that work for you ?

I can insert pics now with the little icon button which I couldn't do before though.  Can't have it all ways I suppose :lol:  

Ooops.... hospital topic... should we start a new one for this ?? 

Sorry Tracey... ey up that was a test and it worked :)