Algy's Steam Locomotive Photos.

algy

I have not added captions as it is too time consuming plus most of the locomotives have names and/or numbers, the place where they were taken is not that important.

The camera was a Minolta X-300 SLR with a Rokkor 50-135mm 1:3.5 Lens. (Information for PJ)

world0018_zpsad2b472e.jpg

world0016_zps9f2d2081.jpg

SVRBridgnorthshed_zps20898d6d.jpg

Steamtospare_zpse8994534.jpg

Ivatt2-6-0_zpsb453248f.jpg

Seetheweb_zps680e495a.jpg

cleansmokebox_zps3e656fe4.jpg

Black5unknown_zpsb459be4c.jpg

Black5Georgestephenson_zps9c0b9ff7.jpg

SREddistoneatSwanage_zpsecbbde84.jpg

• Upvote 1

Fantastic photo's Algy and I rather like steam trains now after seeing those.  What a shame they have all been replaced by boring modern day trains.

How long ago did you take them and why don't you still use that camera as it takes great pics.

Love the one with the old cigy advert :)

Fantastic photo's Algy and I rather like steam trains now after seeing those.  What a shame they have all been replaced by boring modern day trains.

How long ago did you take them and why don't you still use that camera as it takes great pics.

Love the one with the old cigy advert :)

Dizz, they were taken in the 1980's and I part exed the camera for my first digital camera. There are a lot more to come!, more tomorrow.

Fantastic!

Wherabouts in Warrington were these photos taken?

Rocky, I can never weigh you up! are you extracting the urine or are you really as naive as you portray yourself?, I posted them in the 'General Chat' section because the were not taken in Warrington they were taken at Bridgnorth, the East Lancs Railway and Carnforth Motive Power Depot. :unsure:

Dizzy.... the east lancs railway do all sorts of special evenings with swanky meals and steam trips.... take your old man and treat him to a 3 course meal on an old steam engine....

They do Thomas the Tank Engine days and WW2 revival weekends.... my little lad used to love the Thomas days