Poplars Avenue

Coffee

Maybe they are the gas pipe workers laying new lines who were round here for a long time as they seem to have gone and filled in their holes at long last.  I'm sure a few of them had 'highways' on their jackets but I could be wrong.

Made a right mess though so I hope for Poplars Ave sakes they aren't. 

Well it was such a nice day maybe they were just out to get a bit of fresh air,

The high vis jackets were worn to look cool, those who work in offices all day and see them as a fashion statement and want to blend in with the crowd.

The apparent meeting was to decide which pub to go to for lunch and whether they serve real ale and have a vegetarian option.

Why were they there then Coffee ? :)

PS the gas bods have just moved up a street or two around here and are still digging holes so I was wrong when I said they had gone.. we've still got them :) 

I have no idea Dizzy along with everyone else,

Maybe they were talking about taking down the road humps, with the 20mph speed limit coming there is probably no  need for the sleeping policemen as the roads will be so safe, will they be opening roads like Smith Dr?

After exhaustive investigations I have discovered that it was a survey of the area for the viability of using it for the training of people on how to wear high vis clothing and look important whilst standing at the side of the road doing nothing.

either that or an outing of the dick turpin re-enactment society and they missed the man off the lettering on the jackets. :twisted:

After exhaustive investigations I have discovered that it was a survey of the area for the viability of using it for the training of people on how to wear high vis clothing and look important whilst standing at the side of the road doing nothing.

either that or an outing of the dick turpin re-enactment society and they missed the man off the lettering on the jackets. :twisted:

I believe Warrington Council are now looking to employ a "Director of training people how to wear high vis clothing and look important whilst standing at the side of the road doing nothing"

It does of course come with a salary in excess of £100k a year....."because that is what they would get in the private sector" said one councillor......allegedly!

I believe Warrington Council are now looking to employ a "Director of training people how to wear high vis clothing and look important whilst standing at the side of the road doing nothing"

It does of course come with a salary in excess of £100k a year....."because that is what they would get in the private sector" said one councillor......allegedly!

Indeed. It would be an ideal opportunity for some bureaucrat or social worker who has cocked up badly elsewhere to make a fresh start cocking up in pastures new.

The director of Rochdale social services springs to mind, but I'm sure the post would suit any other local government professionals who have resigned to avoid disciplinary action... 

Yes the first suggestion is quite possible,

I did not see a horse so it could not have been anything to do with Dick Turpin