Fennel St

Coffee

When are the usless traffic department going to sort out the traffic situation on Fennel St and the exit from the Cockhedge Centre?

The street seems to get congested all to easily and traffic crawls along at less then 20mph yet accidents seem to be a regular occurrence. I have had several misses there with people moving from the queueing  left lane to the second lane without looking or caring about what is coming along in the right hand lane, then later trying to make a left turn from the second lane either into Midland Way or Lythgoes Lane

Getting out of Dale street is impossible

The very minimum that needs to be done is the exit from the Cockhedge needs to be closed and another created, a left turn onto Midland Way maybe?

PS The spell checker on this site has stopped working again

I can't say I've ever had a problem coming out of the Cockhedge or on Fennel Street/Dial Street as other drivers usually just let me out.

The lights on the island definitely slow the traffic flow down and cause congestion are indeed a pain in the <you know where> but then again it is easier to get across the island from the Winwick Road side now when the lights are on. 

The worst place IMO is the approach to Brian Bevan Island from town side. 

Left hand lane is for straight on down Wilderspool Causeway... right lane is the split feeder (ie goes into two on the island) for Chester Road or Centre Park (over the blue bridge) and back into town.

It went a bit better for a while when they renewed the road markings to make them more obvious but for some reason people are ignoring them again now.  Maybe they are just lane hoppers who can't be bothered to look or wait.

Virtually every time I drive that way (twice a day weekdays at the moment) some blummin' muppet in the left lane (for wilderspool) just pulls over without a care in the world right across the line markings and goes down Chester Road.  When a car does it is close enough but when it is a lorry it's damn scarey especially when there is another vehicle in the other split feeder lane on the right of you!!!  A tanker and a lorry (lorry was in the correct lane)  almost made a thin sandwich again of me last week on that island :evil:

I sometimes wish I had one of those cameras in my car like Baz has !! 

Bloody stupid drivers  !!!!!! 

I can't say I've ever had a problem coming out of the Cockhedge or on Fennel Street/Dial Street as other drivers usually just let me out.

You must have a nice smile Dizzy! I usually get blocked in trying to turn left out of Dale St. I have seen many accidants on there, two in the last seven days and had many near misses. As I said I usually get into the second lane which is usually is moving  faster to go down battersby lane and, people pull out of the nearside lane and out from the cockhedge center without looking

I rarely use the Brian Bevan Island during the day so can not really comment