How about a good news post?

harry hayes

We moan a lot but there are plenty of things to be pleased about - in Warrington and globally.  Any lack of interest will indicate that I am wrong.    Would be nice to keep it sensible but free speech (on here) is one of the good things.

Happy days

The professor of palindromes is called DR AWKWARD

Probably not quite what you had in mind Harry but something that has touched my heart and I'm now very pleased to hear about.

Very sad story in the local WG and also national papers this week about a couple from Kingsway South who have been charged for keeping 2 Staffie Dogs caged for 22 hours a day for two years, the poor dogs were thankfully rescued in January after a tip off.... enough said about that bit as it was awful to see, read and think about and made me cry.....

BUT... there's been a lovely stills video and pics posted online today by Warrington Animal Welfare showing the two dogs now happy, well and even on a beach having fun with their new doggie friend. 

I can't post a link as the video's on facebook as a the 'after' photo's.

Lovely to hear that they are now well, happy and have a loving home and it's made me feel very happy :)

TODAY'S GOOD NEWS! Child deaths from heart defects plummets – thanks to the NHS

Fixing a child’s heart is one the most intricate operations that the NHS performs. Surgeons who do it must operate on tiny babies whose hearts are hardly bigger than walnuts and whose veins are little more than a hair’s breadth across.

But despite the intricacy, it is something that surgeons, and in particular NHS surgeons, have quietly been getting better at for decades.

Today the British Heart Foundation has released figures that reveal a huge 83 per cent drop in the number of children dying from congenital heart disease – birth defects of the heart – over the last three decades.

Full report - http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/health-news/child-deaths-from-heart-defects-plummets--thanks-to-the-nhs-8777143.html

Dave the Dolphin who visited Chester this week was a happy news story.  Some nice pics of him being taken back to sea here too.

I say him as I've been calling him 'Dave' but apparently it is 'Dai' and he's a she   :oops:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2400200/Disorientated-River-Dee-dolphin-Dai-rescued-taken-sea.html

What is it about dolphins that always make me smile and feel really happy even if it's just a picture of one? Is it because they always look like they are smiling too I wonder :)

I like your happy/good news topic Harry :)

I don’t know if the series is still running but recently I’ve managed to catch a few episodes of a program that I can’t remember the name of that it sets up awkward situations to see how the general public reacts.

For example, a faulty cash machine that gives away money. Do you report it or take advantage? Someone is being racially abused but do you say anything or wait for others?  The outcomes were certainly not what I expected and with just a very few minor exceptions, showed other people in a far better light that we perceive them.

Whether we've all been subconsciously conditioned to expect the worst from others from a diet of doom and gloom or what, but this program manages to restore your faith in your fellow man (or woman).

Bill :)

• 2 years later...

Just seen in the newspaper that we might have some snow next week....that's good news :D :D  (well I think it is anyway cos I love snow :D)

Don't believe what you read in the papers - eight degrees and raining here at the weekend - you will need to head up North for snow

Well it's certainly a bit of good news seeing you back on here Harry!

Bill :)

Here here - Happy New Year Harry

We put lots of positive news in our various community mags which you can read on line here

http://www.warrington-worldwide.co.uk/category/magazine-downloads/

Most of it goes on the site as well - but for some reason people often only notice the negative headlines :(