How does this one work?

observer

You live in a traffic congested area, can't move down the road for parked cars. So now the Government will make it easier for you to "rent out your drive" !  So along comes the client, parks their car in your drive, then off to work. Errm how do you then get your car out of the garage and onto the road?  Or do you keep it parked in the road, just in case you need to drive anywhere?!

Obviously, observer, my car is already one of those parked on the road making it difficult for other drivers to drive down.

Just a point - If someone parks his car on my drive and it gets stolen or vandalised who's responsibility is it, mine because it was parked on my property or the owner for parking it there?

You live in a traffic congested area, can't move down the road for parked cars. So now the Government will make it easier for you to "rent out your drive" !  So along comes the client, parks their car in your drive, then off to work. Errm how do you then get your car out of the garage and onto the road?  Or do you keep it parked in the road, just in case you need to drive anywhere?!

In the situation you have described obs, I would require the vehicle keys (or spare keys) left in my custody to enable me to move a vehicle in such a situation also to allow the vehicles to be moved in the event of a fire, which brings me to my next point - insurance, surely if I am operating a business from home then my house insurance premium is going to increase.

Not sure if you would need a business insurance but then again if you have contacted to rent your drive out as a parking space then you have a certain responsibility for any damage or loss whilst the vehicle is parked there which would not be covered by normal house hold insurance.

As for blocking your drive, you may be one of the green cyclist types who doe not have a car but does have off street parking in which case you would not have a problem getting out and about. The other consideration is what price you could charge for parking. It would have to reflect the cost of any extra insurance needed and take into account wear and tear on the driveway itself any increase in council tax that may ensue from renting out property and not forgetting that the income is taxable.

Now if you rented it out for a 5 day working week that would be 260 days. If you charged £5.00 for all day parking that would bring in £1300 per year. So taking into account the above would it be worth it?