How to prove it?

observer

How do you prove your a British Subject, aside from carrying your passport around permanently?  And how does the UKBF find out whether your legally here, without first stopping you and asking questions? Suppose the first clue, would be an ability or otherwise to speak English?

Surely that would not be acceptable proof at all Cleo.  I could just photocopy my sons passport, change it in photoshop to have my pic and details etc and voila.  Obviously I wouldn't do that really :wink:

I wonder how I would prove that I am a Brisitsh Citizen though if I had to as I don't have a passport.

as a British person; you do not need to carry identification around with you.... one of the few freedoms we have left. However I don't see a problem with the police checking someone who may fit the bill as a potential illegal for documentation. If they have no way of proving it, detain them until they can. If they can; let them go and advise them to carry something in the future. If they can't, deport them to wherever they come from

Carry your medical card with you, it has your national Insurance number on it, or in my case I have still got my national Identity card issued during the war, alternatively if you have plenty of time to spare play silly buggers with plod and let him prove who you are!.

Carry your medical card with you, it has your national Insurance number on it,

Genuine question alg because I can't find the answer, but I thought your medical card had an NHS number on it which is different than your National Insurance Number ?? :unsure:  :unsure:

Not got a current passport, don't have a photo card driving license, unsure where my medical card is, birth certificate is in several pieces but legible. So if asked to prove if I am a British subject it would be difficult as I carry no identification apart from a home made business card with my avatar picture on and have no criminal record not even a speeding fine.  I do carry a small mirror though so I suppose I could identify myself that way. 8)

Genuine question alg because I can't find the answer, but I thought your medical card had an NHS number on it which is different than your National Insurance Number ?? :unsure:  :unsure:

Wolfie, your spot on, it is the NHS number and not NI number as I had stated, I really will have to get a grip on things, I'm getting that way that I have to look at my name tab the wife has sewn on to my jacket in case i get lost. :oops:

What's a medical card as I haven't got one of those either.  Should I have one ?  Like you Evils I've not got a photo driving licence either (no passport mentioned earlier).... we could be buggered if we ever have to prove who we are eh :lol:

My driving license is valid and legal. I do not need a photo driving license that I have to change every 10 years at a cost of £20.00. I do not holiday abroad unless you count the odd day trip to wales so never seen the need for a passport.

I speak fairly good english and am totally fluent in gibberish (especially after a few pints) cannot see why I would be stopped and detained, except maybe for doing something silly whilst driving and even then it would be probably a fine.

I have only ever been asked to prove who I was once in all my life so far and that was when I was making a cash withdrawal from the bank ten years ago. I did have my driving license on me strangely enough but that was not accepted as proof. I needed a utility bill for proof now who carries a gas ,electric or water rates bill around with them.