Sunny Sunday on the Bridgewater canal at Grappenhall.

algy

Lovely pics Algy and what a lovely relaxing way to spend a summers day.  I bet it's damn hot inside the boats in weather like this though.   

Were you on a boat yourself when you took the bottom one or had you gone for a paddle to cool off ?

Question.... how did you take the pictures from a video you took ?  I tried to do that from a video I took on my camera but the only way I could do it was pause the video on my pc monitor and do a screen dump and they weren't anywhere near as clear as yours.

I was wondering the self same thing myself Dizzy/Algy. I have tried several times but couldnt find a way to do it.

Basically the same as you except I use Gadwin Printscreen, install the free software, run and pause the video full screen, press the 'PrtSc/SysRq' key confirm the save, the shot is saved in your print screen file, you do have to fine tune the picture in your editing software - sharpen adjust colours and auto exposure, there it's done, you will only get good results if you print screen high quality images though!.

Heres the video I took on Sunday, "Rudd" was one of the boats that was at the Lymm Festival, it had been painted blue but no name etc, have a look at the boat and see if you spot the simple error, I bet the skipper was gutted.

....... have a look at the boat and see if you spot the simple error, I bet the skipper was gutted.

Oops,   :lol:  :lol:   Maybe he hasn't noticed yet ha ha

PS thanks for the other info and maybe I'll try tweaking my screen dumps a bit like you say.

Basically the same as you except I use Gadwin Printscreen, install the free software, run and pause the video full screen, press the 'PrtSc/SysRq' key confirm the save, the shot is saved in your print screen file, you do have to fine tune the picture in your editing software - sharpen adjust colours and auto exposure, there it's done, you will only get good results if you print screen high quality images though!.

Heres the video I took on Sunday, "Rudd" was one of the boats that was at the Lymm Festival, it had been painted blue but no name etc, have a look at the boat and see if you spot the simple error, I bet the skipper was gutted.

Travelling with his fenders down ?