Photography Exhibition

P J

Thanks Algy, lovely to meet you face to face and you are far less grumpy in person :wink:  I'm really glad you enjoyed the show.

We had quite a lot of visitors yesterday and a lot of positive feedback to which is great.  We may even have gained one or two new members too.

All set to go again today so if anyone is looking for something to do pop down to Moore Rugby Club and join us.

Me and Mrs Baz had a visit yesterday... great exhibition and every photo worthy of publication..... the competition ones were especially good!

Finally met PJ after all these years too :lol:

All in all a very professional exhibition.... good stuff

'Superb' just about sums up the high quality of photos on display today and I'm so glad I went. 

Everyone was so friendly and thanks PJ for showing me around too and explaining things. 

You are all so very talented and seeing some of your clubs photos has made me realise that even with my tiny little camera I definitely need to use a more imagination and thought when I am taking photo's rather than just pointing and clicking and hoping for the best..... and of course to learn how to use the settings that still confuse me might help too :wink:  

Very inspiring indeed, and well done to you all :)

I can still see the evil and scary bird if I close my eyes though..... :shock:  :oops:  :lol:

Thanks to all of you who came to the exhibition and I am so glad you enjoyed it, it's always nice to put a face to a name.  It was really well attended and from the comments here and in the visitors book people seemed to really enjoy what we do.  We did manage to sell some of the images so the charity will be getting some much needed cash so happy days.  Quite a few of the visitors showed an interest in coming down to the club to improve their photography skills and meet up with like minded snappers for a natter.  We meet on Monday nights at 7pm at Moore Rugby Club if anyone fancies popping down.

Thanks again and I hope you recover from the evil hawk shot soon Dizzy..

PJ, my only problem with meeting you is that you were such a pleasant and polite young man with a lovely family that I really don't think I could ever be grumpy or nasty with you ever again, after saying that I'm sure we will find something to disagree about, perhaps if I met Eagle and Wolfie the same may apply!. :D:wink:

• Downvote 1

I suppose there is Forum life and there is real life Algy.  I'm pretty certain there are many posters here who wouldn't dream of saying some of the things they post to someone's face.  Anonymity does wonders for ones courage lol.  Anyway it was lovely to meet you and chat about photographic things.  Here is a test for your aging peepers, can you spot yourself on this time lapse video made during the exhibition??

Don't worry Dizzy. Nobody would recognise you even if you hair wasn't frizzy and you wore a bejewelled posh gown. Don't know how anyone would recognise anyone in that vid. Even freeze framed the people were more unrecognisable than anyone in a police 'wanted' extract from a cctv video.   :lol:

No way how good was that.  Ok so how do I do a time lapse video PJ :)

Ps... slightly unfair though as I would have gone home first, straightened my rain frizzed hair and put my posh going out  clothes on   :lol:

Dizzy,  one of our members mounted his "go pro" camera on a beam and set it to take a still shot every 20 seconds.  It means that we can then fit 2 and a bit days into a couple of minutes of video. 

p.s.  I thought you looked lovely...

PJ, I still haven't identified myself on the video, I have come to the conclusion that I was not there and didn't meet you and that it was all a pleasant dream, however that afternoon I did visit the Moore nature reserve and wandered along what was the bed of the Old Quay canal of which there still remain a section the north bankside sandstone wall that supported the tow path. I took a photo then decided it wasn't really that interesting and deleted it. I also came across a large fox stood in the middle of the path about 10 yards in front of me , lifted the camera pressed the shutter button but he was to quick for me and disappeared before I could take the shot.