Immigration backlog -

observer

OMG..... when will it all end as it's starting to hurt now   :wacko:  :lol:

LT... what do you suggest should be done to ease, or better still sort, the escalating problem ? 

Of course you and anyone else can chose to ignore this post just like my others and I don't really mind as I realise this is another of the more  'selective' conversations between close(t) friends  :lol:

Because your question is crap, I don't want to stop any mention of immigration, but as Obs has now admitted there's nothing new to add, its just recycled crap, fair enough if there's something new, but as he has admitted their isn't , I would question and have questioned his motives for keeping bringing it up. He has no new point to make, everyones position is clear to all.

Errm, don't think your position is "clear to all" Kije; haven't heard you come up with any answers to illegal immigration yet. Surprised you've not grasped at the latest luvvie straw, by claiming that we need immigrants to pay for our growing elderly demographic; which totally ignores the fact that asylum seekers are tax consumers (food & accommodation, legal aid etc) rather than tax payers; and that most legal entrants are in low wage, low tax jobs; so will be consuming more than they pay in tax. It's a total mess, caused by the inertia of our political class and the ease with which our generous benefits system can be abused.

Don't think it's a case of "trying" Baz; "they" are succeeding by neglect.  Kije, it's not just a case of having adequate UKBF resources; they need the powers and freedom to return "illegals" to place of origin AS SOON AS they are arrested; no detention centres, no HR lawyers, just a secure waiting room at the port/airport, and next plane home. IF the individual "claims asylum", having travelled half way round the world, out comes the atlas and they get sent to the next nearest country to their country of origin. Likewise, the million or so involved in the UKBF backlog, forget asylum appeals, just treat them all as refused and start deporting them ASAP - sorted. It will of course require our exit from the ECHR, in order to neutralise the luvvie HR lawyers.  Having sorted that, we then have the problem of over a million Meercats from the EU to sort; which basically requires our exit from the EU.

As I've said (ad nauseum), this is an ongoing political mistake and social disaster; with fresh examples of just how crazy it is, appearing from time to time. The latest one being, the House of Commons select Cttee report on the UKBF appeals backlog (hence this topic). Which, in itself, demonstrates the incapacity of our main-stream luvvie politicians to organise a party in a Brewery.

But as you have already admitted, you had nothing new to add to it, and you end up posting exactly the same as you did on the umpteen immigration threads you have started. So I will ask again what are you hoping to achieve by keep bringing up immigration when it has been discussed many times and you have nothing new to bring to the debate?

There's an economic case in favour of increasing immigration, it seems:

...immigration has a positive effect on the public sector’s debt dynamics...

So say the Office for Budget Responsibility.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/migrants-needed-to-pay-for-nhs-spending-or-britain-will-go-broke-says-obr-8714224.html?origin=internalSearch