Immigration backlog -

observer

:lol:  :lol: Blimey Algy I never moaned in either of those comments.  I was only politely pointing out to you on the other topic that the info on the other site was wrong so you knew.... just like it's wrong elsewhere too online.  I thought you'd like to know that's all seeing as though I do actually know all about the Forge Machines and you like knowing about old things :wink:  I have moaned since though 8)

No more mention of them on this topic though..... as this is about immigration

As for Arpley, it was just a joke as it reminded me of Arpley (you can see it form Moore Nature Reserve) and I was giggling at your joke (unless of course you were being serious eek).

Anyway back to immigration... for those that want too....

:lol:  :lol: Blimey Algy I never moaned in either of those comments.  I was only politely pointing out to you on the other topic that the info on the other site was wrong so you knew.... just like it's wrong elsewhere too online.  I thought you'd like to know that's all seeing as though I do actually know all about the Forge Machines and you like knowing about old things  I have moaned since though 8)

No more mention of them on this topic though..... as this is about immigration

As for Arpley, it was just a joke as it reminded me of Arpley (you can see it form Moore Nature Reserve) and I was giggling at your joke (unless of course you were being serious eek).

Anyway back to immigration... for those that want too....

Of course I'm only joking, theres a smilie 'eyes roll', for goodness sake, chill out Dizz. :lol:

So you would prefer to keep the issue of immigration off the agenda? Just why is that? After all if you don't want to read posts about immigration no-one is forcing you.

Not at all Asp, but is the debate if that what it is going any where are here, or is it just the same old crap?

If you have something constructive to add then fair enough, but if all you are going to do is try to stop any mention of immigration then that is not constructive. If Obs wants to point out that new information is in the public domain about immigration he is well within his rights to do so.

Depends what you mean by "constructive"; I could come up with constructive policies that would sort this issue out and eliminate the current debacle. However, cos you wouldn't agree with them, you'd argue they weren't "constructive - result - nothing gets done.

So Asp, on this new thread what has been constructive?

I would say the first post Obs made.... such a backlog is a disgrace and the public have the right to know...... or do you; as a liberal, toga-wearing, swampy, soap-dodging luvvie think such material should be kept secret?

Blimey Lt... do you not listen to the news or read things?

Yes there is 'still' a backlog and yes it has been discussed on here before but FOR GOODNESS SAKE..... if you can honestly say that you aren't concerned that the figures have risen so sharply or the problem is far worse than anyone imagined as more has been uncovered in a matter of 6 months then you either mustn't care in the slightest OR you work for the UKBA and you are trying to keep your job. :|    

I have been watching Al jazeera news, which strangely enough I find an excellent news programme and covers many facets of news that BBC and Sky don't, they were covering the problem of the illegal immigration of Mexicans to the USA and when you listen to the viewpoint of the Mexicans it made me realise that if I were in the same situation as some of these people I would be doing exactly the same as them, all they are attempting to do is to provide for there families who in many cases are starving and living in abject poverty, regarding the migration of foreign people we can't open the doors to everyone who wishes to come here as it has the effect of diluting the living standards of British nationals especially in the present economic climate.

There really must be a reason why you are so determined to stifle any mention of immigration on here Lt Kije so why don't YOU be honest and let us all know what it is?

Algy, what you say is true but the situation in the USA is different in that it is a really huge country compared with the UK.

So, do want the Gov to sort out the mess Kije; or are you happy to keep filling the life boat till it sinks?  We have, over a million immigrants waiting for asylum/right to stay applications to be processed. they aren't allowed to work, so are given £5 per day food vouchers and presumably housed at public expense. That's just the ones that the authorities have a record of, there a also illegals living in garden sheds and garages, being used as cheap labour by criminal elements etc;  the police and local authorities have to devote resources into rounding them up, then we pay to keep them in detention pending appeals (plus costs of legal aid). It's an absolute joke on us, and time it was sorted out. Your luvvie answer would no doubt be an amnesty - if so, defend that position. But don't criticise those who believe something positive should be done to end this farce, whereby every waif and stray from around the world can just roll up to good old Blighty and sign on. Yes Alg, I don't blame the immigrants, I blame successive pathetic Governments for not seeing this coming and not doing all necessary to stop it. We currently have one of the highest population densities in the world, and our public services are being swamped; in order to provide public services, you need to accurately project future demand; which means ensuring a degree of population control. The analogy of the life boat is quite apt, it will only hold so many.

Like what's "new" to add? We're being swamped by immigration, folk like you and our political class, haven't a clue what to do about it OR worse, want to encourage it; but by discussing it, the silent majority may realise it's not inevitable and can be reversed.