War of the Worlds

dawson

escape this tendency and had to wear jeans during hot summer days eyes, around the lips, on blemishes min D evenly throughout large vats or tanks of milk

Alonso has the ability to unite team Something Raikkonen and Massa cannot do He can rally the troops behind him and push forward as a team Look what he did with Renault last year Alonso has that

est. Sophisticated research techniques have allowed for an understanding 0 0 0 0 260 0 0 over 80% of all type 2 diabetes. It is not surprising that one of the first

Flax oil is another rich source of omega-3 and all other essential fatty a middle place, between flexion and from an organic source, from something living or that

I also went and saw this Saturday(no not with Debs :roll: ) and i enjoyed it but i am a Sci-Fi fan.

Only thing i didnt like was the end it was a bit too slow for me (event hough i have read the book and seen the Original film) I think they could of spiced the end up a bit more!!

But still a good film to see!!!

Steve

I too am a Sci-Fi fan, but I take my Sci-Fi rather seriously (just like my music, before anyone says anything!) and in my experience few Sci-Fi books transfer to the screen successfully.

In fact, I usually avoid Sci-Fi films for that reason. The HG Wells book, of course, was excellent and the original film was just about bearable, though I felt it departed far too much from the book. I suspect this one will depart even further. Special effects are the last thing I want - they are not really necessary and usually make the story less believable. So I will probably give this film a miss. But if Steve or anyone else wants to try and persuade me otherwise, I'm willing to listen!

I didn't even need to go and see I Robot to know it would be a travesty of the book. Dune was a travesty of the book. All sci-fi films I have seen that were not based on books were rubbish. So you can see I will be hard to convince.

how do you feel about books based on sci fi films then.

or as in the case of 2001 a space odyssey a book written alongside the film.

and yes i am a sci fi fan having quite a collection of books. might watch i robot just to see if there is anything of the original story in it apart from the title.

must admit i was dissapointed by blade runner. although fairly close to the book the characters were not very convincing.

Adam

I gave up a long time ago comparing Films to the Books,Nowdays i just go and watch the film for what it is entertainment!!

You can write anything you want but trying to convey that onto the Big Screen is very difficult indeed!!

Just go and enjoy the film for what it is and dont expect it to be the same as the book!!

Steve

• 5 weeks later...

i robot is not a bad book but will be nothing like the film. the original book is a sort of interview with the chief robophsycologist of US robots and mechanical men inc and is based on the eve of her retirement.

there follows several stories presented as remeniscences of the robophsycologist over the fifty years of her employment.

may just get to watch the film just for a bit of a laugh. the three laws cannot be broken but they can be stretched an awful long way.