999 - emergency?!

observer

Seems the latest list of stupid calls to the Police have been published (you'll have to google it!); but just one example was that "the kids are refusing to go to bed"! Arguably the woman who rang that one in, is so thick, she should be put down; but surely we have the technology (if not the political will) to enable the Police to place a £100 charge on the caller's number?

probably... but then one night you are in the pub with your mates and you nip to the toilet.... when you come back; your mates have rung 999 to complain that it's your round and you keep going to the toilet to avoid getting the beers in.... trouble is, they've used your phone which you left on the table....

I'll go with you  Obs as my two wont take me out with them for some reason. I don't want to be your friend or owt ... but I'm more than happy to let you pay for a few half's and a packet of dry roasted  :lol:

I cant find the new list when I google so give me a clue as I fancy a giggle. 

Well one good example in the past was the cat who was playing with the phone and managed to call 999 prompting a police car to race round as all the operator could hear was what she thought was somebody with breathing difficulties trying to pass on a message. :oops:  :oops: