Teachers on strike yet again

Bazj

I probably would have let it go PJ, but so soon after you had ago at me.I was not going to miss such an open goal, I see your still playing with post voting, have you not got bored with that yet :wink:

tut tut  isn't being pedantic fun?

I probably would have let it go PJ, but so soon after you had ago at me.I was not going to miss such an open goal, I see your still playing with post voting, have you not got bored with that yet :wink:

bumswizzled??????

Who wouldn't want to fight to maintain what they have? Are you seriously suggesting that you wouldn't kick u a fuss if you had the opportunity to protect your working conditions?

I'm not a Childminder...I'm a babysitter.

Again, can we please stop assuming that all teachers finish teaching at 3pm and teach children. What about the teachers on strike who teach teens and adults. Do they get more of your sympathy?

I've changed sides. Keep it off the teachers and give it to the mp's instead. They deserve it. :roll: And they get longer holidays.

ok so we find the worst possible scenario and judge everything against it,  now that's going to work out just fine.....

Who wouldn't want to fight to maintain what they have? Are you seriously suggesting that you wouldn't kick u a fuss if you had the opportunity to protect your working conditions?

I'm not a Childminder...I'm a babysitter.

Again, can we please stop assuming that all teachers finish teaching at 3pm and teach children. What about the teachers on strike who teach teens and adults. Do they get more of your sympathy?

If you want my sympathy, strike in the holidays which hard working parents have already made arrangements for, if not, live with what you are doing and stop begging for sympathy

What about the teachers on strike who teach teens and adults. Do they get more of your sympathy?

"All NUT members in maintained and academy schools and sixth form colleges in England and in maintained schools in Wales are being called on to take strike action. Action short of strike action involving all these members started in autumn 2012."

Adult education is not part of the strike action according to the NUT website

and as for kicking up a fuss...... kicking up a fuss is fine as long as you don't affect the people you are looking to for support i.e. the parents. (The kids will love you for the extra day off of course) just like no one has sympathy with the French ferry operators who strike on the last day that UK parents have to get their kids back from holiday in France - been there and had to do the drive to Zeebrugge and pay for the extra ticket to get home..... no one has sympathy when BA staff went on strike just as the school holidays started and of course the French Air Traffic Controllers do it all the time and no one supports them (well no one supports the French anyway; but that's by-the-by)

If the work to rule isn't working; as no one seems to have noticed, screwing over other workers will not help the cause.... plus as has been seen by the ballot results; nearly three quarters of the teachers couldn't be bothered to vote anyway

If you want my sympathy, strike in the holidays which hard working parents have already made arrangements for, if not, live with what you are doing and stop begging for sympathy

they took "action short of strike action" (work to rule to you and me) and no one noticed....... so when did they do all of this so-called extra stuff they are supposed to do like marking and lesson planning I wonder?? or maybe they did it in the time they are allowed during the week in free lessons etc?

And the impact of striking in the holidays PJ????

It would be like you striking on your day off. Strikes need to inconvenience people.

So no problems with air traffic control going on strike on the bank holiday weekend and ruining your holiday or tanker drivers not delivering the fuel we need.  How's about surgeons letting folk die on the slab due to grievances?? extreme I know but where is the line? 

A question for some. What would happen if all teachers decided that the situation is never going to get better and so all of them handed in their resignations?

Others would take their places; they always do, despite the alleged terrible conditions, poor pay, work overload and rubbish holidays......

I would be a bit more worried if all the air traffic controllers suddenly decided to walk out though to be honest

Baz, by the time they reach the age of about 12, I'm pretty sure that parents don't need to take time off from work. Adults attend sixth form college.

Maybe the majority that didn't vote, did not want to strike. The original topic was to do with 'selfish teachers' so maybe that has just proved how much they don't want to disrupt and inconvenience other people. Just a thought.

...Many of teachers where I work don't get free periods on their timetable. Just thought I'd throw that in there.

Baz, by the time they reach the age of about 12, I'm pretty sure that parents don't need to take time off from work. Adults attend sixth form college.

Maybe the majority that didn't vote, did not want to strike. The original topic was to do with 'selfish teachers' so maybe that has just proved how much they don't want to disrupt and inconvenience other people. Just a thought.

...Many of teachers where I work don't get free periods on their timetable. Just thought I'd throw that in there.

If they were truly so against a strike they had their chance to say so at the ballot box but didn't.  Instead they will now be lumped in with the minority of teachers who don't really give a damn about parents, just that they get more money than they do now and will be judged as selfish by the public. 

As you like to use anecdotal evidence here's some of mine.  If the teachers and teaching standards I have personally had to put up with during my children's education is anything to go by you are all over paid and under performing, and incapable of accepting any form of criticism but I am sure that can't be true nationwide? Just thought I would chuck that in there too......

Just out of interest Baz, do you have any kids in school?

I am guessing but I would put you well into your sixties so is your hatred of teachers because of a personal interest or simply down to your right wing views?

I too am just guessing at your age but I bet your support for the teachers stems from you getting an extra day off school with the other kids :wink: