Where can I get more Fonts from ?

Dizzy

Where can I get more fonts (free preferably) for my pc?  I want some better ones for using in ms office 2013 / publisher / photoshop etc.

I've looked on line and there are many sites but quite a few have been blocked as being malicious when I click. 

Has anyone ever downloaded any and if so where did you get them from ? 

Would I have to get fonts that are specifically for each piece of software or are they standard and will work across the board?  Brain freeze.

Thought you could just go to the likes of pc world or staples and buy a disc but I can't find any.  :(

Ta

you could try the microsoft website. They have a list of places that you may be able to get free fonts from.

They also tell you how to install your new fonts. looking at it it seems that you install them into windows itself and any programmes that can access those fonts will pick them up automatically. At least that is my understanding so you should not need to install them for each programme as far as I know.

Where can I get more fonts (free preferably) for my pc?  I want some better ones for using in ms office 2013 / publisher / photoshop etc.

I've looked on line and there are many sites but quite a few have been blocked as being malicious when I click. 

Has anyone ever downloaded any and if so where did you get them from ? 

Would I have to get fonts that are specifically for each piece of software or are they standard and will work across the board?  Brain freeze.

Thought you could just go to the likes of pc world or staples and buy a disc but I can't find any.  :(

Ta

Theres loads for sale and some free on Google. :D:wink:

index_zpse66a7777.jpgimages4_zps5765bfb0.jpgimages2_zps53c3f62a.jpgimages_zpsbd1d4af1.jpg3_zps96d188e0.jpg

just type free fonts in google.... download the files (usually zip or rar files) extract into a folder and then right click on the file with the .ttf extension and click install.
Next time you change fonts it will be there!!

Sorry Evils... I was sure I'd replied to you ealier, I must not have pressed submit.  Thanks and I'll have another look on the Microsoft website as I couldn't see anything on there earlier.  Probably  looking in the wrong place.

Cheers Baz,  that's sort of what I was doing but so many websites were being blocked with malware warnings that I got twitchy fingers and bottled out downloading any from sites which were not blocked hence my reason for asking if anyone had ever downloaded any and where from.  I figured if anyone had and  it hadn't broken their computers then mine might be ok too.

Gosh I'm a wimp at times   :lol:

I purchased 3 CD's of fonts from Serif last year for less than £10 (called the Premium Font Collection) It then automatically downloaded all the fonts to enable me to use them in Word and email (about 400, possibly more) Serif are a well known outfit for supplying web design CD's and such, and possibly as time has moved on some of their font software is now available free to download? It's worth looking them up, but I think what I got was a special offer, it may not be available at that price now.

http://www.serif.com/AllProducts/Extras/FontCollections/PremiumFontCollectionHeadlinesLogosParent.htm

• 4 weeks later...