How far back for compen claims?

Errm, presume Kenyata was elected in elections agreed by the British as part of their withdrawal from Empire - that's how these things usually went. You've sort of got to know who your handing the reins of power over to, before you leave!

They weren't voting for Independence, that had already been conceded by the Brits; they were voting for who would form their first Government.  As Kenyata was a leader of the majority Kikooyoo tribe; it's hardly surprising he won is it?

Errm nope;   the majority probably couldn't care less, but would tend do what their tribal leaders told them to do. Independence was already granted by the Brits, hence the elections.  The Mau Mau had been defeated and their Leader killed;  and wouldn't have been overtly supported by moderates anyway - so they were terrorists.

No I'm not your just trying to stop yourself getting pinned down, the war aims of the Mau Mau, were met, they got self rule, we won a battle they won the war. Simples, and if your one of the few that believe what you write, they were not terrorists either. :wink:

First of all. you have no evidence for popular majority "support" for the Mau Mau; a large number of the Kenyan population were actually Indian, brought over by the Brits to build a railway system, as they seemed to have had a work ethic not found locally!  As I said (but you fail to digest), one man's freedom fighter is another man's terrorists, it all depends which side your on, and who writes and promulgates the history. A strange irony too, that all these downtrodden populations of the Empire, gagging to be free of British rule, couldn't wait to get their British passports and move to the mother country - and now we're reaping the consequences. Seems political myopia isn't confined to today's liberal luvvies.

. A strange irony too, that all these downtrodden populations of the Empire, gagging to be free of British rule, couldn't wait to get their British passports and move to the mother country - and now we're reaping the consequences. Seems political myopia isn't confined to today's liberal luvvies.

ALL, !!!!

Didn't take you long to get it on to immigration, are you hoping for support. Why the VAST exaggeration, is that how people on the far right work, try scare tactics and exaggeration. Or did your next door nay neighbour tell you, that everyone from the old empire Countries is trying to get over here, come to think of it, it is on a scale of the old chestnut about the school in Warrington (not yet named by you) where no one speaks English. :wink:

Might help if you read up on the history, rather than depending on those rose coloured glasses. As for exaggeration, you were pretty free with the term "majority", despite having no evidence to support your assertion. btw. I'll stand by the school anecdote - and my comment was "don't have English as their first language".

Very easy to stand by it when you will not name the school, As for me being free with the term "majority", well just think what you are actually saying. If the majority were not if favour, where were the protests when we left, I have trawled the net, can't seem to find anything on them begging us on on knee to stay Obs, maybe you can :lol: , Their was an election, Could not find a party advocating the UK stay.

Their was an election, Could not find a party advocating the UK stay.

Kije.... if you are so ashamed and insulted by the former British Empire and resent everything this country seemed to have done as leader of that Empire...... Why are you so for the European Empire that Brussels is trying to create?

I mean the Euro Empire has already started falling apart; countries are bankrupt, the people are burning EU flags in Athens and Spain, unemployment in some countries is at 25% or more for some sections of the population and still the EU leaders are trying to screw every penny they can from the "well off" members like us and Germany....(similar if you like to the exploitation of the British Empire countries that you try to make us believe)

you say that the majority wanted an end to British rule and you agree and support the fact that they got their wish......

51% of people polled here want out of the EU.... the similarities are extraordinary!!