What Pub was this.

algy

• 1 year later...

The following comment has been received to day but was submitted as a 'reported post' by a guest (ie non member). 

To the person (guest) who kindly submitted the information please be aware that the 'report post' button and any comments submitted with it are only seen by Admin/Moderators and not by forum members nor are they attached to the topic as a reply.  Also we have no way to reply to you via the 'reported post' option, it is merely to allow members and non members to 'report' things to Admin that they may find offensive or spam posts etc etc.  Don't worry as you are not the first person (non member Guest) to do it and I'm sure you wont be the last either :wink:

To enable you to post directly onto the forum pages in future should you wish to all you have to do is 'join' the forum.  It is painless and only takes a few minutes and you will be of course be very welcome :D

And finally... many thanks for the info.  I have cut and pasted it below from your reported post,  Dizzy (Admin)

You would have to do a 180 degree turn to face Cockhedge, that is definitely Warrington baths chimney, see below.

3853756640_48e9c4337b_z_zps536721b9.jpg

Oooops ..yes I was getting my bearings terribly wrong  :oops:

by Guest....I have just seen the questions regarding the area near the Old Fire station but the picture has been removed, however the pub was a Walkers pub called the Crown INN, the fire station was on Queen street at the junction with Golbourne Street. The open potato market was in Queen street, and there was an entrance to the covered market in Queen street, with Davies and Northhamptons stalls just inside this entrance. The chimney was over the boiler house that supplied the heat to Warrington Baths. The school was Heathside Junior school the infants school was in Rolleston Street. There was also St Albans Junior school in King Street off Golbourne street across Cambria Place. The land adjacent to the Fire station was used by Silcocks Fairground and for Fire engine displays. I was born in the house next door to the Crown inn and know this area very well.