Name your Pet Hates when out Driving.

algy

What are the most disliked things that happen to you when out driving?, other road users and road conditions.

We were out yesterday and travelled for miles behind a tractor, horsebox and then a caravan driven by a doddering old fool (yes, by know you will have gathered I'm an old fool but I don't dodder when driving) all ambling along at 30mph on single carriagway roads with a 60mph limit resulting in a queue of traffic behind them.

For me that’s more frustration than an actual dislike.

I find it helps a bit to try and think of all the reasons why someone could be going so slowly, lost, car issue, poor eyesight etc but in the end they probably are just dodders!

Bill :)

2 to start with- drivers making no attempt to slow for amber/red lights and sail straight on. Had a dodgy ticket for crossing an amber light a few years ago. 2nd is drivers using the "wrong" lane at Pink Eye and Bridge Foot. I ca accept that some drivers new to the area may get it wrong but there is an element out there who look for any advantage.

Irresponsible drivers who try to overtake when I am ambling along driving my caravan at 30 in a 60 limit and enjoying the scenery on a nice day. :mrgreen:

Queue jumpers are my pet hate. You know the ones. They shoot along the empty traffic lane and then try to cut in at the last second as they really wanted to be in the lane I am in but did not want to wait n the queue.

second pet hate is a similar thing but are what I call the wrong lane lunatics. An example was at bridge foot on friday. guy was in the lane that has big letters saying retail park but was really going across the bridge and down knutsford road. I too was going down knutsford road but was in the correct lane to do so. fortunately was on the bike so managed to put some distance between the pair of us before he started honking his horn.

Yes I knew he was there as I am always expecting things like that.

Y

Come and drive for one hour on the roads in Egypt. You would never ever complain again about driving in the UK. It's every man for himself. As for speed well I've clocked our driver doing 110 to 120 on the main road into Al Iskandariyah (Alexandria) on more than one occasion.

Irresponsible drivers who try to overtake when I am ambling along driving my caravan at 30 in a 60 limit and enjoying the scenery on a nice day. :mrgreen:

Sid I used to tow a twin axle van a few years back and without fail would keep one eye on traffic behind me then pull into a 'pull in' at the first oportunity to allow vehicles to pass, the chap I was referring to had the chance to do this and totally ignored the fact that he had a long queue behind him. Tractors I really can understand as they are a working vehicle and just doing a job, it still frustrates me though!. Dodderers just drive me mad!.

Cleo I presume your 110 to 120 is kph and not mph?.

Where to start - the list is that long? Folk who never use their indicators. Folk who mindlessly follow the leader in a traffic queue, without leaving a gap to access side roads; or drive mindlessly onto junctions, thus blocking them when the lights change.. Young women, with heads down texting or phoning. Folk who'll block access roads by parking or double parking in them. That'll do for now!

I know that it is what responsible caravan towers do but most don't.

worst caravan related gripe is when they tootle past you at seventy on the motorway, pull in front of you and then slow down to the legal speed limit for towing a caravan. This means you either have to slow down or try and find a gap in the upcoming traffic to go round them.

People with thick glasses, that cannot see over the driving wheel! :|

Bicyclist - what Baz J said. Had one drive into the side of my car - he told me afterwards he thought he could beat me, it was o dark thirty and he had no headlamp! :x

Well, well, my fingers will tire before I am done, but ...

Drivers who turn without indicators.

texting and talking on phones.

using the car as a beauty salon while driving.

drivers who sit behind me honking their horn because I am obeying the "no turn on red" sign,

That will do for now.

One wonders how they managed to ride so far, endangering themselves, other road users and pedestrians, without being stopped by the police? Where were they when this was happening?

well one of the bikeists almost ran into a police car while speeding on the wrong side of the law; but because cyclists don't pay tax and have no visible numbers or identification they will no doubt have got away with it...... unless of course the bloke who filmed it (he is credited with it at the end of the film) gets arrested like they have done with some motorbikeists posting videos on youtube in the past.....

Drivers who take half an hour to get from 0 to 30mph.

Drivers trundling along the single lane to Birchwood doing 38 when they can do 50.

Drivers who ignore red lights.

Drivers texting or talking on mobiles.

Drivers doing 40 -50 in 30 zones.

Drivers who take half an hour to get from 0 to 30mph.

Drivers trundling along the single lane to Birchwood doing 38 when they can do 50.

Drivers who ignore red lights.

Drivers texting or talking on mobiles.

Drivers doing 40 -50 in 30 zones.

not me!! :lol: