Coronation Street

Cleopatra

Got them, i think. Alan Rothwell alias Ken's brother David Barlow.

Ken Farrington alias Billy Walker.

Bill Kenright alias Gordon Clegg.

Kenneth Cope alias Ged Stone.

Harry Hewitt but he could be dead now

Arthur Lowe alias Leonard  Swindley but he could be dead too.

Oops, only just seen this post.

I had forgotten a fair few of them but I think you missed Mr Bishop :)

Sheila... ignore Kije; he seems to think that terrorists caught on camera and caught in the act deserve money wasting on them by having a trial.... even usually law abiding citizens caught speeding are presumed guilty and "sentenced" in their absence by post and told to pay up

It is the right of everyone living in our democracy to a fair trail, if you don't like democracy you could always move to Egypt. :wink:

It is the right of everyone living in our democracy to a fair trail, if you don't like democracy you could always move to Egypt. :wink:

Abu Qatada; you remember him, he's your mate the terrorist who deserves rights like the rest of us... he was granted all his wishes to stay here by your other mates in the ECHR.... today he was refused bail by a judge who said there was "no doubt" Abu Qatada presented a national security threat...

do you feel comfortable sticking up for these people Kije? or does luvviness mean that he deserves our protection from the nasty people who want to send him away???

Baz I am not sticking up for them, I am sticking up for democracy and our justice system, A right to trail by peers which you want rid of has been a right for a very long time and has nothing todo with Europe.

in this instance; you ARE sticking up for him. By affording him and his terrorist mates the same rights and privileges as the ordinary law-abiding man and woman in the street you are, in my eyes, demeaning their rights

You take his rights away, you have to take everyone's right away. Just because you don't like him doesn't give you the right to take his rights away! When did you appoint yourself a God?

of course you don't have to take everyone's rights away.... he is a terrorist and a proven threat to this country. He should not be afforded the same rights as you or I

and I have never appointed myself a God; I don't need one

Well seems that Jordon wants to put him on trial for alleged terror offences. Videos have been found of him preaching hatred. Doesn't make him completely innocent and it's easy to understand why he might stand accused of terror offences in Jordon. Kije don't quote your innocent till proven guilty maxim at me. Seems to me he is resisting being returned to Jordon too strongly to be completely innocent. He has even radicalised his own son.