Boots

Cleopatra

Hum.... Who's kidding who? Appears WBC has bought the old Boots shop on Bridge Street and at a time when money is too tight to mention and is the cause of so many severe cut backs. It has been said that they bought it to preserve the facade and to help bring life back to Bridge Street. It's suggested that a cinema will be opened at the site.

Hum.... Who's kidding who? Appears WBC has bought the old Boots shop on Bridge Street and at a time when money is too tight to mention and is the cause of so many severe cut backs. It has been said that they bought it to preserve the facade and to help bring life back to Bridge Street. It's suggested that a cinema will be opened at the site.

Well as long as the Terry O'Neill and his junta don't try and run a whelk stall there.

Which is why I said "It has long been argued on here........." but the empty shop remains empty and will do until someone takes the initiative and do something positive about it. And if the Council have bought it with the aim of it re-opening as a going concern then that can only be seen as positive. Moaning about empty shops on here on the other hand is rather negative.

Personally I have to say that I don't like the idea of the river of life

The terrible tragedy that happened in the town that cost the two boys their lives was one thing and remembering it is important; but turning the whole of Bridge Street into what in effect is one huge shrine, always seems to take the edge off going down there for me.

Just my opinion and I am not saying that remembering the event is not important. I just think the town went over the top in turning the entire street into a memorial

Depends on the rental charged doesn't it? It's long been argued on here that if the council was more realistic about Council Tax on business then there wouldn't be so many empty units.

I didn't think the council had any control over business rates charges as aren't they set by the government (council tax is for residentila isn't it?)

I dread to think how much the business rates would be on the Boots building as it's larger than Hancocks and theirs is around £93K a year.

Agree that rental charges should be lower though to at least entice some retailers in even it it means splitting/sharing the premises.