First Division South

Four Northern teams could come in. Including the three mentioned above, Kendal may drop in. The way I understand it, and I may be wrong, teams cannot be swept sideways two seasons running so that would rule out Goole and New Mills. Goole is geographically well North of Warrington. The Southern most team is New Mills and after that, marginally, it's Cammell Laird and then Warrington. That result last night in the playoff final might keep Warrington in the North. It's always intriguing as to what the league come up with. I thought a few more Wires would relish visiting a few new places.

I've been to all the clubs in the South, as have one or two others I suspect.

The only two grounds to visit in the NPL are, pending promotion approval Darlington 1886 (Bishop Auckland's new ground) and in the Premier Division Kings Lynn Town.

I am sure plenty of people have still to viist lots of clubs. Fact is the travelling will be much more in the south. Market Drayton Town as a local derby is not one that readilly springs to mind, but could well be the reality. Could Kidsgrove be the closest? Then Newcastle, Leek.

There is also Northwich Victoria, supposedly playing at Flixton next season - would they stay in the south? Anything is possible with that lot. The biggest surprise is they are still going at all, given 1874 Northwich will be up an running next season (NW Counties 1 probably)

Out of interest, is anyone on here able to make a decent judgement on the difference in the standard between the north and south division? I've always been told the South is a much lower standard, but having never been to a South game I'm not really in a position to comment properly myself...

The standards are not that far apart I think. Good teams from one would do well in the other, poorer teams would struggle.

When we have met teams from the south we've had mixed results. We have lost to Leek, Sheffield and Newcastle Town recently in the south, but also beaten teams (Sheffield again for one)