Let down by the british government?

Lindsay Sandiford, the woman from Cheltenham, Sentenced to death for smuggling 1.6 million pounds worth of drugs into Indonesia says she feels let down by the British governments unwillingness to help her.

Does she deserve intervention/help from the British government for her crime? She knew what she was doing was illegal but she went ahead and did it. When in Rome do as the romans do - obey the laws of the land. There are very few other countries as soft on criminals as Britain is.

If she had been younger and / or more photogenic would the Government have been keener to intervene?

Cleo - I'd rather live in a country that is as safe as the UK is , compared to so many other countries, including many of those with the death penalty, than some of the foreign hellholes *  where they are tougher on criminals.

*Indonesia's murder rate per head of population approx. seven times that of the UK.

So what?

Blackmail only works when the cost of doing what the blackmailer wants is lower than the cost of not doing so.

The harshest possible sentences for crimes which take lives - and the drug trade takes thousands of them - should be applied regardless of what cock and bull story the dealer or runner puts forward to excuse their actions.

To be honest inky I do not know if she is guilty or not, but as to blackmail, well lots of bank managers have open bank safes over the years when family have been held hostage.

Very easy when your not the one on the receiving end of blackmail if indeed she was blackmailed, I don't really know enough about the case.

To be honest inky I do not know if she is guilty or not, but as to blackmail, well lots of bank managers have open bank safes over the years when family have been held hostage. Very easy when your not the one on the receiving end of blackmail if indeed she was blackmailed, I don't really know enough about the case.

she was found guilty in a court of law. Just because it wasn't in the UK doesn't mean it isn't a proper verdict..... as they used to say when turning down appeals against the death penalty here...."the law must take its course"