Are the US. War mongers getting 'Itchy Trigger Fingers'.

algy

The US have accused Syria of using chemical weapons specifically sarin all be it on a small scale, USDefence Secretary Chuck Hagel stating that they are have crossed the 'Red Line', although Obama is keen not to become involved in the Syrian conflict some senators appear to be keen to intervene. Is it going to be another case of the Americans wanting to 'kick butt' as they did in Iraq and Afghanistan if so God forbid we become implicated.

Kije.... better the devil you know is a good phrase!!

all the so called baddie dictators that we have helped to get rid of in the past few years have all turned out to have been a better bet than those that replaced them.....

The Arab spring was just an excuse for radical islam to take over half of the Arab world....... we have warnings for brits to stay out of Libya and French nationals too.... makes you wonder what is coming next!!!

It doesn't matter if we help them or not the radical arab fraternity will still hate us westerners and as long as they have this ideal regarding their martyrdom and the promise of going on to a 'better place'.

Qur'an (61:10-12) "O ye who believe! Shall I lead you to a bargain that will save you from a grievous Penalty? That ye believe in Allah and His Messenger, and that ye strive (your utmost) in the Cause of Allah, with your property and your persons: That will be best for you, if ye but knew! He will forgive you your sins, and admit you to Gardens beneath which Rivers flow, and to beautiful mansions in Gardens of Eternity: that is indeed the Supreme Achievement."

Suicide bombings are against the laws of Islam, however their is a loophole that allows this henious crime to take place.

Suicide is against Islam.  Martyrdom is not. 

"Suicide bomber" is a derogatory term invented in the West to try and describe what in Islam is known as a Fedayeen or Shahid... a martyr.  The point of the bomber isn't suicide - it is to kill infidels in battle.  This is not just permitted by Muhammad, but encouraged with liberal promises of earthy rewards in heaven, including food and sex.

(Not my explanation, quoted as described on this site - http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/Quran/018-suicide-bombing.htm ) I suggest you read the entire article on this link!.

Until the clerics close this loophole (this will not happen) the bombings will continue.

Not sure it's a simple question of Islam v the West Alg; in Libya there was inter-tribal friction, in Syria inter-sectarian enmity, in Egypt division between a secular middle class and religious fundementalists; the previous secular dictatorships kept the lid on these boiling kettles and provided a degree of stability. Only from a stable platform can Western ideas of freedom and democracy be cultivated imo, revolution = anarchy and outcomes cannot be calculated; and theocracies aren't necessarily free or democratic. As for the Yanks, their recent adventures in Iraq and Afghanistan have shown that you can't model outcomes by military interference, a point lost on the Republican red-necks in Washington.

Algy, nice article but how did you get from this

'Is it going to be another case of the Americans wanting to 'kick butt''

to this

'Suicide is against Islam. Martyrdom is not'

Know what Wolfie, I haven't a clue!, I think i must have had a senior moment, read it and thought it appropriate to the subject, perhaps not. :unsure: