Suarez.....

Bazj

Heh, THE MANCS get a mention in only seven posts.

This is a thread about a temperamental bitey 'poo striker:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/apr/21/luis-suarez-biting-controversy-timeline

If you'd like to discuss legendary Manchester United greats, start another thread.

Who died and left you the position of the Forum Stasi? I will post wherever I see fit.

There is a relevance and a similarity between the Suarez and the Cantona incidents although I feel Cantona's assault on a fan was far worse than this biting episode. I pointed this out as a comparable precedent which even you must agree is quite normal and usual in a debate. The point I make is that footballers have done worse than Suarez and their clubs have stood by them. Another old boy of the Mancs, Roy Keen deliberately set out to and did seriously injure a fellow player out of a misguided need for revenge. He injured Haarland so badly that it ended his career. United and Fergusson stood by him , well until his legs went. We recently had a club captain Alcaraz at Wigan spit in the face of a fellow professional. ( I'd rather get bitten than that ) His manager, Martinez has stood by him as have his club. I could go on.

The bite was stupid and petulent and unneccessary and I don't in any way condone it. He has been fined, he will be punished by the FA with a ban. Liverpool have said they won't sell him because of this. You people calling for him to be sacked here's a newsflash, when you pay his wages then it's your call.

• Upvote 1

PJ, I'm a 'sleeping' Liverpool supporter not been to Anfield since Tony Hateley played for them, but I really do think Suarez is out of control, either let him go or make him wear a muzzle. I believe he has asked Liverpool to donate his fine to the Hillsborough cause, nice move by his agent but there was nothing stopping him from making a LARGE donation before this happened, but we all know why, don't we.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="algy" data-cid="141534" data-time="1366649956"><p>

PJ, I'm a 'sleeping' Liverpool supporter not been to Anfield since Tony Hateley played for them, but I really do think Suarez is out of control, either let him go or make him wear a muzzle. I believe he has asked Liverpool to donate his fine to the Hillsborough cause, nice move by his agent but there was nothing stopping him from making a LARGE donation before this happened, but we all know why, don't we.</p></blockquote>

And how do you know he didn't make a donation previously ?

Who died and left you the position of the Forum Stasi? I will post wherever I see fit.

There is a relevance and a similarity between the Suarez and the Cantona incidents although I feel Cantona's assault on a fan was far worse than this biting episode. I pointed this out as a comparable precedent which even you must agree is quite normal and usual in a debate. The point I make is that footballers have done worse than Suarez and their clubs have stood by them. Another old boy of the Mancs, Roy Keen deliberately set out to and did seriously injure a fellow player out of a misguided need for revenge. He injured Haarland so badly that it ended his career. United and Fergusson stood by him , well until his legs went. We recently had a club captain Alcaraz at Wigan spit in the face of a fellow professional. ( I'd rather get bitten than that ) His manager, Martinez has stood by him as have his club. I could go on.

The bite was stupid and petulent and unneccessary and I don't in any way condone it. He has been fined, he will be punished by the FA with a ban. Liverpool have said they won't sell him because of this. You people calling for him to be sacked here's a newsflash, when you pay his wages then it's your call.

Hahahahahahaha.....

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="algy" data-cid="141534" data-time="1366649956"><p>

PJ, I'm a 'sleeping' Liverpool supporter not been to Anfield since Tony Hateley played for them, but I really do think Suarez is out of control, either let him go or make him wear a muzzle. I believe he has asked Liverpool to donate his fine to the Hillsborough cause, nice move by his agent but there was nothing stopping him from making a LARGE donation before this happened, but we all know why, don't we.</p></blockquote>

And how do you know he didn't make a donation previously ?

And how do you know he did?

And by the way PJ (Hey! that rhymes!) I did not suggest that he hadn't made a donation I merely stated that "there was nothing stopping him from making a LARGE donation before this happened", perhaps he did but there again perhaps he didn't, however your so intelligent you probably know!!!. :wink:

Like you I don't know and would just be guessing like you were.

Tell you what matey, these little skirmishes remind me of my mate Wolfie - who has the last word, well here you are, as they say in Lancashire, help tha' sen lad, be my guest!!! :lol:

I can't believe that indiscretions of other players are brought up when the subject matter is a professional player biting another player.

Is this how you want players to portray the sport to impressionable young kids?

All managers support their players "publicly", but none of us know what gets said inside the club. This isn't the first time the guy has bitten someone and all he his doing is getting the club a bad name. Even Ballotelli wasn't that bad.

I can't believe that indiscretions of other players are brought up when the subject matter is a professional player biting another player.

Is this how you want players to portray the sport to impressionable young kids?

All managers support their players "publicly", but none of us know what gets said inside the club. This isn't the first time the guy has bitten someone and all he his doing is getting the club a bad name. Even Ballotelli wasn't that bad.

Because its relevant.  Its not even the first biting incident in the Premiership to be caught on tv.  Defoe, England and Spurs, once bit Mascherano but there was none of this over the top feeding frenzy we see from the media regarding Suarez.  It was brushed off as a bit of mischief.  Defoes punishment, a yellow card.  The FA declined to charge him.

As to knowing what is said inside the club you are right, you don't know and nor does anyone else really.

p.s. any parent who holds up a footballer as a role model for their children might want to have a word with themselves.