Church Street & Bank Street Photos.

algy

oh dear this is hard work, thanks for checking for me, I do have one big problem that i stuck on its my step dad his name was Harold Brindle  D.O.B 21st April 1920 he was born in lancashire, i cannot find his mum or dad which is strange, I know he had a brother called harry and two previous wives who both died before he married my mum in December 1970 in Newbury Berkshire. I have tried everything to get just a little back ground on him but failed, any help from anyone would be appreciated, thanks for all help so far x

It gets worse by the minute, so now you have two brothers in your step dads line.. one called Harry and one called Harold  :lol: 

Do you know know what part of Lancashire Harold (b1920) was born in as I just managed to get on briefly but it's frozen again.... I found a Harold with birth registered April/May/June 1920 Warrington Lancashire, but also a Harold W birth registered Bolton Lanchashire and also another one ins Lancs (not Warrington) but I forgot to write down the months the births were registered so will have to look again when I can get back on.

The Harold registered in Apr/May/June 1920 Warrington had a mother with maiden name BALL if by any chance he is the right one

My step dad was Harold Brindle no middle name,  21/04/1920 this is the only def info i have, i know he had an uncle called dereck/derick Ball he was married to a barbara, he did live in thatcham newbury but never knew if he lived in warrington origianally,   Not sure why they called his brother harry lol i think back then the name dictionary had about a hundred names in it lol Not sure what area he came from, i tried to trace him by looking at marriages because i thought it be easy because of 2 re;ated deaths, He married my mum in 1971 so his first 2 wives where before that, He was a lathe turner so maybe his father might of been.

.. John born 3rd November 1809 divorced Alice Marsh 19th may 1941 then married Ann Wilson 16th December 1838 at St Pauls, :P  Please tell this is right lol

Ok and sorry but another question.... the dates in the above don't make sense to me.  I presumed you meant 1841 (instead of 1941) but that would still mean that John married his second wife Ann 4 years BEFORE he divorced his first wife Alice.

PS I have just emailed you the census returns I found so far etc (14 file attachments in total). :wink:

Sorry we must have been posting at the same time.... :lol:

Right so if you know your step dad had an uncle with the surname BALL  then that means that the birth record I found last night for a 'Harold registered in Apr/May/June 1920 Warrington with a mother maiden name BALL' must be the right one then.  Onwards and upwards....

Sorry that question was irrelevant as I just remembered your mum is not from the Hankinson side and Noah is not her father... she was a Jones before marriage ??? 

So on that side we are looking for a Harold Brindle (b1920 with a mother maiden name Ball) brother Harry, uncle Derek? Ball and Harold was 3 times married in total....and married a Jones (your mum)...brain freeze again but if I don't type it on here then I forget and loose track so need something to remind me when I read back lol. 

• Upvote 1

OK

We already have Harold Brindle born 1920, birth registered in Warrington (mother's maiden name Ball)

Just found

Harry Brindle born 1928, birth also registered in Warrington Apr-May-Jun 1928 Volume 8C Page no:319 (mothers maiden name Ball)

I don't know if these are relevant too....

George Brindle - birth registered Warrington 1911 (mothers maiden name Ball)

Florence M - birth registered Warrington 1913 (mothers maiden name Ball)

Margareta V - birth registered Warrington 1922 (mothers maiden name Ball)

John - birth registered Warrington 1924 (mothers maiden name Ball)

lol now you no why i need help lol  just checking the john marriages theres no date on on alice marsh marriage or divorce so i dont no where i got that from lol will go through original paper work later, dont about the vallium i think the vodka needs to be dusted off lol x just seen the brindle side looking good, thanks will look into that later too x yes mum is a jones lol her family originated from flintshire, only have about 10 in total, far to hard lol xx

Hope you are still keeping up :lol:

I've found only one possible marriage between Brindle and Ball so far (looking on Find My Past now as it's easier for marriages sometimes)

George Harold Brindle married Phoebe Emma Ball, Warrington 1903

1911 Census shows them as follows

Address - 7 Grafton Street, Warrington

George Harold Brindle - Head - Age 34 - married - 7 full years - 5 children born - 4 still living - 1 died - engine fitter - general engineers worker - born Lancashire Ashton in Makerfield.
Phoebe Emma Brindle - wife - Age 27 - born Staffordshire, Hanly
Leonard Ball - Illigitimate Son - Age 8 - born Lancashire Earlstown
Doris Brindle - Daughter - Age 5 - born Lancashire Warrington
William Brindle - Son - Age 4 - born Lancashire Warrington
Rupert Brindle - Son - Age 2 - born Lancashire Warrington

Just having a little ponder while my drier finishes but without wanting to seem rude and question your family findings.... are you sure that your great great grandad John Hankinson married Alice Marsh and that his dad was also a John etc. 

Only reason for asking is that I have who I think is your g g grandad John (born 1810, baptised 5 Aug 1810) marrying an Ann Wilson in 1838 at St Pauls.   And also his father possibly being a James Hankinson married to a Betty Atherton. 

Just checked for betty Atherton cant find one .x

Leonard Ball (born c1903 in Earlestown)  was Phoebe Emma Ball's son before she married your George Harold Brindle. 

The 1911 census lists Leonard as being 'illigitimate' so i doubt you/we would find his father as he was given his mothers maiden name.   In 1911 Leonard aged 8 was living with his mother and her husband George at 7 Grafton Street, Warrington.  Phoebe and George had 3 other children between them also living there, Doris, William and Rupert (all Brindle's)

It's a complete long shot but you could apply for Leonards birth certificate from the registry office in Warrington just on the off chance that it says something on it.  They charge £10 and you can either pick them up or have them posted to you. 

I'll look for marriages and deaths later but there are quite a few Leonard Balls with same year of birth etc so could be really hard to know which one would be him.  Pitty he wasn't born 20 years earlier cos we would have more census return to look at.