16/3/2012 - TT Legends in Warrington

Geoffrey Settle

A number of the greatest TT legends are coming to Grappenhall and District Ex Serviceman’s Club next march at a charity night. On March 16th 2012.

Geoff Kelly, from Grappenhall, celebrates 50 years of visiting the races next year and has been recruited to the committee which helps those injured in the race. He and his brother have stepped in to take over as fundraiser and secretary respectively at the TT Riders’ Association.

The evening will see a question and answer session with TT riders Guy Martin (seemy avitar on the right) :mrgreen: , John McGuinness(lap record holder 131.578mph and 16 times tt winner), followed by a buffet and an auction of memorabilia and Charlie William (8 times TT winner) CW link as the compere.

As a TT Marshall of four years I will be looking forward to see Guy and John close up instead of watching them fly by at the Nook or Bedstead.

Geoff Kelly has told me

I will get back to you in a couple of weeks when tickets are printed
so watch this space but just in case they go quickly you can drop him an email and he will put you on the list. :rolleyes: Anyone interested interested in tickets, priced £20, on 07712 842792 or by e-mail at geoffkelly@btinternet.com.

In addition he would like to hear from anyone who is interested in helping to raise funds.

I will welcome any enquiries from people who would like to find out more about becoming a race marshal, it’s a great experience and you will learn valuable skills into the bargain. I think we need something like 500 marshals on the day!!

The evening will certainly be different as each of the speakers is very different in character. Some of you will have seen Guy on his canal boat trip – he is so down to earth and eccentric it’s untrue and loves his cup of tea and watching tractor engines, John the Morecambe missile is the unltimate professional and by far the most successful and experienced racer performing on the circuit at the moment with a record average speed of 131.587 mph.

Have a look at Guy’s race lap on utube