Stunning performance

theinsider

Yeah it was a fantastic performance, especially early on, Prescot never knew what hit them. Anthony Hickey is looking particularly dangerous at the moment, and Cross and Finley in midfield, all seems to be working well. Maddo puts in a prestigious shift every week, and looks a good signing. Bamber Bridge away on Saturday now, lets put them to the sword and start moving up this league.

Insider, I think that the regulars are stunned by what they have watched in the last two matches.

Both Saturdays and Tuesday nights performance are the best I have seen from a Town team for quite a while. It does make you wonder why the team have not played like that all season.

It could have been double figures last night, but with Town easing off and the referee feeling sorry for Prescott it only ended with only(!) 5, and we now have a +ve goal difference.

Let’s hope Town continue with the same level of effort, commitment and skill against Bamber Bridge on Saturday and Macclesfield on Tuesday.

There was even talk of playoffs again last night :rolleyes:

I think these results can be atributed to what appears to be a game more based on pass / move than the previous regular big punt. At times when we have played that way we have showed what we could do but it was in fits and starts prior to Saturday.

All players appear to have upped their game but Hickey and Finley / Finlay / Finly* appear to stand out. Not convinced about madin just yet as but i'll give him time. Still prefer Thommo up front.

* delete as applicable.

I think these results can be atributed to what appears to be a game more based on pass / move than the previous regular big punt. At times when we have played that way we have showed what we could do but it was in fits and starts prior to Saturday.

All players appear to have upped their game but Hickey and Finley / Finlay / Finly* appear to stand out. Not convinced about madin just yet as but i'll give him time. Still prefer Thommo up front.

* delete as applicable.

Done

Don't we all remember Gary Finley, played mid 90's. Sam's father I think - certainly related so I was told.

TheInsider, no-one had said anything because most people hadn't had chance. I would have commented last night if there was a thread on it. You posted this at 9 in the morning, after a game that most people would go straight to bed after. Did you really think people would have mentioned it? :roll:

Not much else to say that hasn't been said. Great perfomance. Matt Cross and Maddo have been great signings, Hickey and Finley have been playing extremely well in the last few games, and if we can keep this up for the Macclesfield game, we have a good chance of winning that. We were unlucky not to make it 6/7 at the end too.