3/12/11 Warrington Nature Conservation meet

Geoffrey Settle

The next WNCF meeting is on Saturday 3rd December at Risley Moss at 10:30am.

WNCF

Helen has just produced another bumper edition of the WNCF Newsletter

Click here to read the Winter edition of the WNCF Newsletter. Read about what's going on at Warrington Museum, Moore Nature Reserve, Wildlife recording, Woolston Eye and lots of other exciting activities.

New WNCF Facebook

Click here for our NEW - WNCF Facebook

Any feedback appreciated, all welcome at our next meeting at Risley

Hi Geoff,

Good luck with the WNCF events. I am attaching a link to the Woodland Trust site which may or may not be of use to your organisation. Free trees can't be a bad thing.

http://m.fw-reply.com/www/4aBGqE/A9zsNW/B9CT5T/W9B3gl/jw-25-11-2011.html

Thanks PJ - I need a 48 hour day to do all the things I want to do but I'll look into this. :rolleyes:

Bit of a strange statement that Pete!!

I did take time out last night to chill out and the read the latest WNCF Newsletter - Helen has done a fantastic job with yet another bumper 16 page edition - it's packed with loads of good local stuff by local people who love widlife.

Lots of events and activitise are advertsised and I just hope that I can pack some of them into my busy calendar. I won't go as far to using my Price II project management expertise but I will certainly plant some key milestone in my planner for January e.g. the Winter Garden Bird Watch.

Super H replies,

As I recall it was something on the RSPB web site regarding winter birds but can I find it now? NO! This link is useful though:

about-birds

And you can try these too:

RSPB Link

Winter Bird ID link

If you prefer books "The Works" book shop at the end of the mall near to the Barley Mow has some great Collins guides for £2.99 which is a bargain, they also have a good one in at the minute with a CD for identifying bird calls and a book.

Does that help?

Kind regards

H

The Collins ID books are excellent value - I've bought a number. :mrgreen: Have fun spotting wildlife DIZZY :)Amonzon Link to Collins Nature Guides

Super H replies,

As I recall it was something on the RSPB web site regarding winter birds but can I find it now? NO! This link is useful though:

about-birds

And you can try these too:

RSPB Link

Winter Bird ID link

If you prefer books "The Works" book shop at the end of the mall near to the Barley Mow has some great Collins guides for £2.99 which is a bargain, they also have a good one in at the minute with a CD for identifying bird calls and a book.

Does that help?

Kind regards

H

The Collins ID books are excellent value - I've bought a number. :mrgreen: Have fun spotting wildlife DIZZY :)Amonzon Link to Collins Nature Guides

As you can see they are pocket size.

Many thanks.

Anyway, here you go Geoff (incase anyone else asks you how they can join in with the Garden Watch as I just found the one that the newsletter refers to via google). Perhaps you could pass the links on to Super H.

Maybe I should have done that first :oops: sorry :wink:

RSPB Garden Bird Watch 28th 29th January 2012 - Details

and

ID and record Sheet (printable one page PDF image)