Overseas Aid?

I still don't follow your reasoning Kije.... do you wear a green suit with black question marks on it?

It is one example of many abuses of foreign aid.... Pakistan buying fighter jets that we cannot afford to buy (we give them aid) Nigeria, India etc with space programmes - the only space programme we have in the UK are old re-runs of Star Trek....

We should not be giving money away to foreign countries until our own country is back in the black. If that means giving more to the immigration and border control agencies to keep the illegals out; great.

If you think that more illegals are going to come here because we don't give their country aid to spend on space programmes and fighter jets you are truly cuckoo

• Upvote 1

It depends on what is involved in a space program, A space program could be about communications satellites, weather satellites ect, you don't actually no enough about what their doing to comment.

If they can afford to launch satellites for communications and weather they do not need my tax money to feed their own people.... that much I do know and that is enough to allow comment

Nigeria for example.... takes our money and does with it as it pleases. We have no say in the matter. The Czech Republic however gives money to Nigeria on condition that the trade between them increases

Vice President Sambo of Nigeria has just secured millions of dollars of investment from the Islamic bank.... with strings attached to reciprocal trade

Other countries are investing in Nigeria's power infrastructure and other such amenities; all with some kind of return which in turn would bring benefit to the countries giving the money....what do we get?

They are not launching them Baz, As I said you don't really know enough to comment.

do we give money to countries which invest in fighter jets that we can't afford? in space programmes that we can't afford?

That is enough to say they don't deserve aid

.. and just to add fuel to the fire:- recall seeing a report on N/Korea, showing a field full of tractors supplied by the EU (which includes OUR tax money)' (they even had EU flags on them!) - meanwhile, their Government prefer to spend money on ICBM's and Nukes, rather than feed a starving population.

And just what other countries provide us with aid and financial assistance?.

Someone please tell me what the Hell is wrong with

all the people that run this country!!!

LABOUR,CONSERVATIVES & LIBERALS, 

?? say ??

We're "broke"

and can't help

our own

Seniors,

Veterans,

Orphans,

Homeless,

etc.,???

"BUT"

In the last years we have provided direct cash aid to

Haiti - 1.4 B,

Hamas - 351 M,

Pakistan- 2 B,

Libya - 1.45 B,

Egypt- 397 M,

Mexico - 622 M,

Russia - 380 M,

Jordan - 463 M,

Kenya - 816 M,

Sudan - 870 M,

Nigeria - 456 M,

Uganda - 451 M,

Congo - 359 M,

Ethiopia - 981 M,

South Africa - 566 M,

Senegal - 698 M,

Mozambique - 404 M,

Zambia - 331 M,

Kazakhstan - 304 M,

Iraq - 1.08 B,

Tanzania - 554 M,

with literally Billions

and they still

hate us!!! 

Our retired seniors

living on a 'fixed income'
do they get any breaks while our government 
and religious organisations pour Hundreds of Billions of ££££’s 
and Tons of Food
to Foreign Countries!

We have hundreds of adoptable children who

are shoved aside

to make room for

the adoption of

foreign orphans.

AUSTRALIA, UK & US

countries where we have

homeless without shelter, children going to bed hungry, elderly going without needed medication and mentally ill without treatment... etc.

YET. . .

We still allow illegal "Deprived People"& other free loaders on our shores.

While we are lining up with food,  clothes, bedding, doctors and medical supplies. Imagine  if the   "GOVERNMENT"gave the people of this country the same support that they give to other countrieswith OUR collected Tax-moneys

And to add insult to injury the 'Lucky ones' who are employed of this country are forced to sign 'Zero Hour Contracts'.

-------------- Sad isn't it?

• Upvote 1

Just on quick read through and found this, lie straight away.

Ps Algy, I had a similar email posted to me, slightly different wording, doesn't make it true.

We have hundreds of adoptable children who

are shoved aside

to make room for

the adoption of

foreign orphans.

LIE,!!!

Just on quick read through and found this, lie straight away. Ps Algy, I had a similar email posted to me, slightly different wording, doesn't make it true. We have hundreds of adoptable children who are shoved aside to make room for the adoption of foreign orphans. LIE,!!!

Ok!, I accept that you could possibly have a point regarding the orphans, although you as I would have to present concrete evidence to that assumption, our personal opinions don't count, so we are back to my opinion against your opinion and that does not get us anywhere. What about the rest of it?.

We're "broke"

and can't help

our own

Seniors,

Veterans,

Orphans,

Homeless,

Yes we can, the government CHOOSE NOT TO SPEND THE MONEY,

these EDL emails are very simplistic algy

Ps Seniors pensions have not been cut, the Pm made a promise and is keeping to it,

You have to fill me in on the Orphans algy, I have not been down to the work house for a while.

What do you want to do with the homeless buy them a house? It was Maggie that sold all the council houses, and stopped councils building new ones.

And what to you want for the veterans, they get the pension they signed up for, I agree we should be doing more for the ones who have combat fatigue, but the MOD are still in denial that their is such a thing.

Not a clue about orphans as we havn't taken any in lately! so let's sweep the starter under the carpet and get on with the main course, justify all the aid we are handing out to other countries, WHY!! for goodness sake, we know we shall never receive any return on that 'investment'. I wonder whats for pudding. :D:wink:

Kije, why do you think it is right to give billions of pounds away in foreign aid (some of which is squandered because no follow up checks are made) when we have hospitals in dire straits, armed forces being cut and even at a local level; potholes not being fixed because of reduced handouts to councils?

How can you possibly think that is correct and proper when we already look after millions of immigrants on our own shores that get here legally or illegally?

• Upvote 1

Glad you sad some of which, a minority of which would be more accurate, pot hole are nothing to do with central government, are armed forces have been reduced after a strategic revue, in other words the government accessed the risk and cut accordingly. It's a separate argument if you agree with that cut or not.

Pot holes are to do with central government because the local council have been banging on about having to cut services due to cut funding from central government. Therefore; everytime your car needs new drop links due to you smashing down potholes on our crap local roads; it is because, in a roundabout way, we are giving money away to foreigners to spend on the latest armoured S Class Mercedes and to let Al Qaeda pinch the stuff supposedly destined for poor people

pot hole are nothing to do with central government,

Just the one?

are armed forces have been reduced after a strategic revue, in other words the government accessed the risk and cut accordingly.

based on the fact that we can't afford it..... SO LET'S STOP GIVING MONEY AWAY TO BLOODY FOREIGNERS AND SPEND IT HERE.... Pakistan and India are buying new fighter jets that we can't afford.... we sold all of our Harrier Jump jets to the Yanks.... etc...etc....

How do you tell the drunk driver in Warrington?

It's the one car that's driving straight, and not swerving to avoid the pot-holes in the road.

Anyway, pot holes are to be re-classified as 'inverted speed bumps' to ensure the 20mph speed limited is adhered to. 

• Upvote 1