Sign in to follow this  
Nick Tessla

W***ing*** Gua***** to cost £1

A certain  local (alleged) newspaper is to increase its cover price to £1 - a rise of over 50%.

Will we get  more actual  news stories or just more regurgitated press releases.

I glance at it to see if I am still alive! Suspect they realise those who still buy it do so out of habit and if you will part with 65p you will probably still part with £1 - and it will have a free supplement with it now :lol:

more the fool those who will pay 1pound for a paper 95 per cent adverts and 5 per cent news

Cleo that so called Midweek guardian is an insult to anyones intelligence, yes it's free but so is reading adverts on the sides of buses (that's if they still have them).

The editors reason for price increase is lack of people advertising in the paper.Maybe i should go back to specsavers but this paper is full of adverts,the free magazine will probably have tv listings for next week,which are normally given with every weekend paper anyway

I stopped buying it years ago due to the lack of news.   Advertising sheets should be free,  Newspapers paid for. 

At the time there was more ink on my hands than on the paper after reading it.   For a short time I did read the online version but couldn't get on with the layout

I just use their website, has the same articles and like this magnificent forum and fantastic on-line daily newspaper is currently free. (well that's my brownosing done for this year) :mrgreen:

Agree with Cleo - Do they still have obituaries? - I'm still waiting to see mine...

Peridot

They still carry them complete with such descriptions as   "wife of the late Mr Fred Bloggs....."  When did the word "widow" fall out of use?