Intolerance a two-way street?

observer

Agreed that no-one should be selected for, or secluded from,  any job or office on the basis of their genitalia. Traditionally this has been because roles were seen as male or female - that was seen as "correct" - and in many fields it still is.

However if any organisation is attracting a disproportion fewer amount of applicants  from 50% of the potential applicant base - whether that is the male or female half - then it needs to be asked why - they may well be missing out on the best candidates. If a disproportionate amount of candidates are turned down at interview or failing to get to the interview stage then , for the same reason, the organisation needs to ask why.

That is not what you would term "political correctness" -  just common sense. 

But the Labour party of the day deemed that it would satisfy the pc brigade by replacing some of their male MPs by women even though they had not been any better qualified than their male counterparts nor had they been proved capable of doing a better job. That is positive descrimination.

Communists, too, have a bad death per head of population record, but is not as bad as the fascist ones, think Communists prefer to kill their own population rather than other Countries.

Mao polished off 40 million in the 'leap forward' famine, Stalin killed 5 million in the Ukraine alone by manufacturing a famine there and Pol Pot just topped 2 million out of hand. Bang.

But that's not as bad as fascists doing it eh?

Thank you for that valuable insight into the leftist mind.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Freeborn John

If you had bothered to read my post, I said communists are better at killing their own population. Fascists are better at killing other Countries populations.

Thank you for the insight to your pro rightist mind

Kije you actually said "Communists, too, have a bad death per head of population record, but is not as bad as the fascist ones"

but when you evaluate the figures; Mao & Stalin killed more people than Hitler did so the Commies are well up on the Fascists; regardless of who and where they killed them!!

The main problem with communism  is that it is only an ideal. It cannot exist in fact because human nature dictates that some one or group will want to be in charge & in time it will become a dictatorship equally as bad as a fascist state.

Freeborn John

If you had bothered to read my post, I said communists are better at killing their own population. Fascists are better at killing other Countries populations.

Thank you for the insight to your pro rightist mind

Lt Kije

If you'll read my original post it wasn't about mass murder by totalitarian regimes, we've gone off at a tangent of your creation.

Let's start again.

I believe that if Di Canio had declared a fondness for Mao, Stalin, Pol Pot or any other communist loony tune we wouldn't be having this media witch hunt.

Over to you, and keep to the point this time please.

Kije, suggest you do a little more research. The Argentine "fascist" Junta, that tried to take the Falklands, was busily killing their own folk at the same time; in a similar way to many other fascist dictatorships in S/America. But, none of this has any relevance to running a football team.

No need Obs, On the the whole communist Countries tend to kill their own population, Fascist Countries tend to kill other Countries population, their are always exceptions Obs, you found one, I would not like to live in either one, Both you and I would disappear under both regimes as we tend to be outspoken!.

Funny picture Asp.

Frankly there's little difference, both are totalitarian and it's about control by a ruling elite. Whilst not as terminal, the current ruling PC elite in this Country aren't prepared to allow free expression either, if it contradicts their luvvie dogma - hence all the whinging over this football manager.

• Upvote 1

I can't help wondering if there would have been this uproar if Di Canio was a communist of some description.

I suspect that nary a dog would have barked.

If he really wanted to attract venom for expressing views he needs to join a forum and start a thread on republicanism!  :roll:  :wink:

Just a hypothetical example  - not saying  that I speak from personal experience, of course  :blink:

Sunderland's team on Saturday with have a decidedly lopsided look when Di Canio selects eleven right wingers.

is this a joke?

by your standards, shouldn't this be in the jokes section?

just sayin' like