Bins

Cleopatra

Baz most councils in England are going to fortnightly bin collections, Tory councils included, all coucils have to save money.

No Kije.... all councils have to stop wasting money before making such cuts to essential public services.... there is a difference and you can bet your bottom dollar the cowardly sods in the town hall won't be explaining themselves on the doorsteps at the next elections; they'll be dropping leaflets through the doors at 3am to avoid having to speak to the real people out there 

:lol:

I once said to my Psychiatrist  "I don't know whether to cut my wrists or blow my brains out, what is wrong with me?"
After deliberating for a minute my Psychiatrist replied, "You seem to have difficulty making decisions."

I'll throw that one in the bin to get us back on topic.

• Upvote 1

Fortnightly collections =  bins left out less often = fewer fires ?

But if people are not taking their bins in what difference does it make how often they are emptied.

At any one time there are at least ten bins in he back alleys behind where I live. Given that the street I live in only has 12 house in it and the one behind the same  that means that almost half do not bother to take their bins in when they have been emptied.

Today (Thursday) is our bin collection day and I will guarantee that some of the bins will still be in the back alley on Tuesday night. the same goes for neighbouring streets as well. So maybe if the council started to educate people to take the bins into their yards in stead of leaving them (conveniently) at the gate in the alley then they would save more money as they would not have to provide new bins to replace the ones set alight.

Just a thought mind you.