Has Ken lost it?

observer

It was well known for yonks that he was/is a druid.

As William Roache he was also commissioned into the Royal Welch Fusiliers and was promoted to Lieutenant in 1954, he left the Army three years later. Because of a mortar round explosion that he witnessed while on National service with the British Army Roache suffers from Tinnitus, perhaps this is where he thinks he hears the spiritual voices that provide him with his misguided quotes!.

It was well known for yonks that he was/is a druid.

I remember seeing photos of him taking part with his fellow "druids" at the Stonehenge summer solstice ceremony.

So called  "Druids" - a bunch of people performing a, largely Victorian, pastiche of pagan ceremonies at a site that wasn't built by the original druids.

No, Algy, but I'm pretty sure there was a group of stones played at the Parr Hall at one time many years ago. Jick Magger was the lead singer - him with the rubber lips and skin tight pants who couldn't get any satisfaction and wanted to paint red doors black.

I'm on about Obs, what the BH is he on about - something similar to Stonehenge at MG, Oh! don't bother I think I've 'clocked' it does he mean thhose bloody awful skittles.

Wasn't it Obs that said that Algy.  Poor Nick will be mortified :wink::lol:

Made me chuckle though and he's right especially when you see all the expressionless goths dressed in black and other zombie looking 'creatures'  hanging around the skittles during the daytime.  OK so they don't seem to cause any trouble and I'm being mean but they do sort of look like a weird cult waiting for someone to wake them up :oops:  :lol:

I've never dared venture there at night myself but maybe the little angles and faires come out then and fly around the skittles spreading love, happiness and good cheer to all...

Hey! Dizz, I used to know a bonus clerk who if you complained about tight bonus times used to say "the pen is mightier than the sword" and "a stroke of the pen makes a nought into ten" and would stand there and alter increase the job times to your advantage, same here Missy, only we use keyboard keys instead of pens. I have edited it!. :lol:

Now youv'e 'buggered' it Flo, she's going to be hanging about MG late at night with her camera looking for angels and fairies and probably finish up getting arrested. :lol: :lol:

Hello madam. What are you doing out alone at this time of the night and with a camera?

I'm looking for angels and fairies officer.

Have you been drinking tonight madam?

No officer, haven't touched a drop.

In that case come with me and I'll arrange for you to be taken to a place of safety.

• 1 month later...
From the beeb

"Coronation Street star William Roache has been arrested on suspicion of the rape of an under-age girl in the 1960s, the Press Association is reporting."

Reputedly she was 15 years old at the time, I know this has been said previously but why didn't she come forward before now?.

At this rate the shows producers are going to run short of fill in episodes or actors or both!.

Reputedly she was 15 years old at the time, I know this has been said previously but why didn't she come forward before now?.

Perhaps she did come forward at the time - but wasn't taken seriously, blamed for what happened or labelled a slag, ah the good old non-pc days * . some people get nostalgic over.

* I am being ironic