Seems to be working -

observer

As I said - name calling and a labelling - just mud slinging in the absence of any counters to their policies that resonate with the majority. "Saying it" doesn't make it so!

Some if what I posted is opinion but some of it - including the sacking of the youth leader and the reasons given by UKIP, is fact.

When did right wing become a term of abuse? Nick, I get the impression that you don't have much time for UKIP but taking individual opinions and using them to condemn a whole party is a bit neurotic.

I take it that you are referring to the MEP. True that It is her her opinion but it is based on her experience as , presumably , a committed member of the party who was respected within her party - enough to be selected as their MEP, must carry some weight.

UKIP have so few of their number holding elected office that the opinion of one of them - especially one who, as an MEP, would have had close, on going, dealings with Farage  carries more weight than it would in a larger party.

I suppose right-wing became a term of abuse at the same time as we adopted the American habit of using liberal  (small "l" as one.

According to the Deputy Leader of UKIP the other night on TV; this MEP was due for de=selection anyway, so has just baled out in time to scrounge a seat off the Tories - "hell hath no fury" etc!     So just the usual juvenile tactics of the political playground, to defame the messenger in order to suppress the message.  Perhaps you and Kije could go into a "group hug" and then try addressing the issues for a change?!  :lol:

According to the Deputy Leader of UKIP the other night on TV; this MEP was due for de=selection anyway, so has just baled out in time to scrounge a seat off the Tories - "hell hath no fury" etc!     So just the usual juvenile tactics of the political playground, to defame the messenger in order to suppress the message.  Perhaps you and Kije could go into a "group hug" and then try addressing the issues for a change?!  :lol:

Certainly sounds like you and the rest of UKIP are , as you put it, attempting to "defame the messenger in order to suppress the message" .

UKIP certainly supressed the message of the youth leader for daring to express his personal opinion about gay marriage.

and yet not Godfrey bloom your MEP who came out with this cracker

"No small businessman with a brain would ever employ a lady of child-bearing age."

I can only assume he was on-message as far as Nigel Farage and UKIP are concerned.

(Mind you Bloom has also praised the French government  terrorists who destroyed Greenpeace's Rainbow warrior, killing a man in the process.)

The amount of time and effort you are putting into vilifying UKIP (and you aren't alone in this) gives the impression that you are worried they may be getting too popular for your comfort. If they are so bad then they won't pass the electoral test will they?

The amount of time and effort you are putting into vilifying UKIP (and you aren't alone in this) gives the impression that you are worried they may be getting too popular for your comfort. If they are so bad then they won't pass the electoral test will they?

I don't see them as a serious contender in a general election and if they have any impact it will be reducing a tory vote - so no bad thing. I suspect that many of those who say they would vote UKIP are more likely to be non-voters anyway (possibly some of them are those who , at the height of an election campaign, say they will vote BNP, blithely unaware that there is no candidate for that party)

I do not see them as having any serious chance of getting power - or even one MP at a general election. That does not mean that I do not feel that they should be seen for what they are. If there was a  discussion relating to the BNP I would also join in.

p.s. it does not take much" time and effort to track down the evidence against Nigel Farage's mob

Nick, I still don't understand why, if UKIP is such a bunch of no hopers, you are even bothering to comment.

I thought i'd made it clear but here goes.

I find many of UKIP's views (both in terms of their policies and the views of many of their members) not just against my own but many are abhorrent. UKIP are a verruca on the foot of British Politics - not the pretty little toe-ring some people think it is.

Business from out side the EU, would locate into the EU, to gain entry into the single market Asp, Ireland a country you have a passport for have been very successful in getting American companies to go over their, they go for the low business tax and it gets them into the single market, Nissan located here for the same reasons, but you new this already. American companies especially like Ireland and the UK as their is no language barrier. Did you think it was just the low Business tax that got companies to go to Ireland it was a combination of both. Giving companies access to the single market is a very good incentive for them to locate, if we left what would offer?

Still no proof of your statement then but never mind. As members of the EEA we would still have just as much access to the single market as we do now, but with freedom from the political union which is the true and ultimate aim of the EUSSR.

We have been over this before. EEA members DO NOT have to follow all EU directives and regulations, but they do have more input (more than we do now) into the directives and regulations that we are governed by. They can, and do, refuse to implement any regulations that they deem unsuitable.

So you would be a member of the EEA, pay money into the EU, for absolutely no say, sign up to the working time directive ect A yes or no will do And how would you attract big business to the UK while your at it?

Another question would be would any European organisation want a Europhobic UK as a member?

Most of them they do Asp, as you know, they also have to pay into the EU, sorry but a can't see you liking that, I think Norway are a net contributor. You would have no say and have EU directives to observe. No Asp not for you. Have a proper look at the alternatives you are suggesting.

UKIP are a verruca on the foot of British Politics - not the pretty little toe-ring some people think it is.

I have felt the same way about Labour for the past 30 years that I have been voting.....

what you and many of the other UKIP fearers are now beginning to realise is that people are sick to death of Labour, sick to death of the Tories and have absolutely no time for the Lib Dems.... they see that we are being bled dry by Brussels and that our governments are handing out billions and billions of pounds to foreigners; both here and abroad while they see our own people having to do without.

Either they have to change to reflect public opinion or UKIP will get stronger and they will attract more and more voters of all persuasions.... They have all had the warning shots from Eastleigh...