free air

nabber

When is free air not free at a petrol station

When you go to morrisons apparantley i was told when i asked for a voucher for the air machine to pump my car tyres up, i was told that i had to spend a minimum of £15.00 to obtain one of these vouchers.

Even though i had spent over £30 in store

Next time I will go to the chester road one and pay 50pence to pump up tyres

When is free air not free at a petrol station

When you go to morrisons apparantley i was told when i asked for a voucher for the air machine to pump my car tyres up, i was told that i had to spend a minimum of £15.00 to obtain one of these vouchers.

Even though i had spent over £30 in store

Next time I will go to the chester road one and pay 50pence to pump up tyres

Nabber, better still go to descent accessory shop and purchase a tyre inflator pump that plugs into your vehicle power socket, I have had one for years, worth it's weight in gold.

Oooh now that's a bit low Obs ... :shock:  

But swiftly going back to topic before this one goes off on the usual sort of tangent...... 

I've always received a free a free ticket for the air machine at Morries when I've asked for one after buying fuel and sometimes it's not lasted long enough so they just give me another free one to continue from where I left off.  I never reaslised you had to spend over £15 to get one though.

I can see why you are annoyed though  nabber but to be honest I personally I wouldn't pay well over the top at another station just for some air, especially at one which also charges much more for fuel too, just to prove a point.

When I had a car I always used a foot pump. Okay a forecourt pump is convenient but it does use electricity which someone has to pay for, so the decision is this: do you want to use your own energy with a foot pump (or the cars energy, which you pay for through fuel costs) or pay the garage for use of their electricity. There is no such thing as free compressed (which is what we are talking about) air.