Eagle

Koran

I was talking to a Muslim neighbour yesterday and he was bragging that he had the entire Koran on DVD. Being interested I asked him to burn me a copy. That's when it all kicked off.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I thought the word originated in Arabic which doesn't even use the Roman alphabet - so the precise spelling of the word in English is merely a matter of convention.

Both spellings - and at least one other - are in common usage across the English speaking world.

• Upvote 1

obviusly yu don't you moronic bird brained whatever you are.

When you have nothing to say you always use insults, is that in the Koran?

In your haste you lost two 'o's

look at any and as many of the millions of copies of the book printed each year as you like, or maybe not like, and you will see on each and everyone the word is spelled Qur'an. The word koran is used by idiots with too much to say but cannot even spell it correctly. Even in the uk the Qur'an's title is Qu'ran.

The joke wasn't all that funny anyway.  Oops almost lost an a too then.

• Downvote 1

I am quite happy to carry on using the word Koran at every opportunity, it tends too be only about twice per annum but I will make sure you and other humourless bar stewards know when it happens.  It occasionally becomes more frequent when some nutter has committed violence and cited the Koran as his inspiration.

"The Quran, also transliterated Qur'an, Koran, Al-Coran, Coran, Kuran, and Al-Qur'an, is the central religious text of Islam, which Muslims believe to be the verbatim word of God"

Have to agree with Eagle, who gives a toss how it's spelt and it was obvioous (2 o's to make up for the missing one) what he meant. FFS it's a joke :roll:  

I am quite happy to carry on using the word Koran at every opportunity, it tends too be only about twice per annum but I will make sure you and other humourless bar stewards know when it happens.  It occasionally becomes more frequent when some nutter has committed violence and cited the Koran as his inspiration.

Wow, disrespectful, without a doubt!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Even in the uk the Qur'an's title is Qu'ran.

Well if you can't spell it the same way twice in the same sentence Cleo I think you should apologise now.........................

• Upvote 2

Wow, disrespectful, without a doubt!

Not at all, I know quite a few bar stewards who have a wonderful sense of humour, a couple of landlords also. :lol:

• Upvote 3

Well if you can't spell it the same way twice in the same sentence Cleo I think you should apologise now.........................

Never made a typo? Apologise my arse!

• Downvote 1

Well you're the one making such a song and dance about how important it is that it should be spelled correctly Cleo!!

• Upvote 2

Cleo, as well as having a thin skin where religion is concerned  once again you show your obsession with your arse. Is it obviously your favourite word, is it an important part of the Koran?

• Upvote 1

Not at all, I know quite a few bar stewards 

wow!  birds of a feather do flock together :wink:

Well you're the one making such a song and dance about how important it is that it should be spelled correctly Cleo!!

Stop nit-picking! It doesn't become you.