Legal question?

observer

When the USA were downgraded, people were horrified and predicted the end of the world as we know it.... the USA actually borrow at a cheaper rate now as an AA1 than they did as a AAA..... things aren't always as bad as they seem...

As for your poster kije, remember that Brown, Clegge and Cameron all promised an EU in/Out referendum and all renaged on that... not the end of the world as far as the voters go...

With regards to the bedroom tax; I have a relative who lives in a 3 bedroom house in Bewsey. She has never worked and is a single parent with two boys who have just started school. The council in recent mo0nths (or GGH whichever you wish to call them) have fitted an entire new kitchen, new windows all round and a new boiler. She is constantly on facebook moaning about her bad lot because they now want to cut her housing benefit because she could manage in a two bedroomed house for a good few years.... she has never worked. She gets no income off the father of her kids but she thinks that you and me should pay for her to live in a house that is too big for her family.... she posts these posters all of the time.

Do you know what her solution is to this??? She reckons she should now get IVF so she can have a girl so that she can keep her three bedroomed house.... You really could not make it up Kije, but this is how people think!!

• Upvote 1

Baz, the problem I have with the bedroom tax, is their we're not enough houses for people to down size into, people are stuck and cannot down size. It was to early, he needed to ensure people could down size. And the other problem was with the disabled. I agree in principle with what he was trying to do. He just did it to early, he should have ensured their was enough smaller social housing to move into.

The centre of policy studies, are a centre right think tank Baz. They have an agenda

The centre of policy studies, are a centre right think tank Baz. They have an agenda

just as those calling this reduction in benefits a "bedroom tax".... words words words..... there are plenty of council houses in Bewsey with two and 3 bedrooms and many with too many people compared to rooms.... work it out... people do not want to move... in many cases it isn't because they can't it is because they don't think they should have to.... they think the taxpayer should carry on funding their spare rooms.....

There are not enough houses nationally Baz, the government have already admitted it.

so is that my problem? Should I carry on paying my taxes to fund peoples spare rooms because they don't want to move?.... shift the ones they can then to start with and see where that gets us.... trouble is, in this world of victim culture that has sprung up; those that move will feel hard done to when their mates don't have to.... you can't win Kije.... you just have to start somewhere!