Another look into pot-holes (deeper this time)

harry hayes

Our roads are terribly marked with pot-holes.   A local disgrace. Surely one of the first duties of the council is to

fill them in.

I assume they would argue cost.  Does anyone know of any claims against the council for damage to vehicles?  I read that in some places it is a large number.

Happy days

Thanks Rod.... unfortunately the Council have no money left to fill said reported pot-holes because they have committed so much money to your cranky idea of putting signs up everywhere and blighting the town forever with lollypop shaped signs....

Look, I was trying to help.

The site I have given you allows you to note potholes and automatically inform the appropriate council. Once informed then they have to take it seriously. If you are interested in fixing potholes then use it.

Regards

But will this involve people actually having to do something?  Themselves?  Surely just whinging on a forum is more positive action than can be expected from any concerned person?

:wink:

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Here is a link to a useful website where you can report potholes. This then gets forwarded to the appropriate local authority.

fillthathole-728x90-gif.gif

www.fillthathole.org.uk

Rod

Rod

You can actually report potholes and other road/pavement problems  online directly with WBC via their OWN website.  

You can report other things like fly tipping, faulty street lights etc etc too via different links.  

Quite a good way to do it actually as you get an automated reply with and actual reference number and date plus a follow up (sometimes)so you have a good record (and proof) of when you reported it if you need to contact them again :wink:

Here's the direct Warrington Borough Council  'report a pothole' link

https://www.warrington.gov.uk/forms/form/165/en/potholes_and_paving_enquiry

or

OR you can just ring the Contact Warrington bods and they are very helpful and raise the report and pass it on to the relevant department.

Downside of reporting potholes though is that it is a slow process as once reported you have to wait for the Inspector to go out and have a look at it to determine if it meets the size requirements for repair even if you have already told them it is 2ft long, 1ft wide and just over 6 inches deep at it's centre.

Must admit I like the web link you posted though Rod as it has a map showing flags and descriptions of where all the potholes have been in the past with a few recent additions too.   I might add all the ones around here to that site too so there is a record of them for the future :wink:

I love the quote on the main Cycling Charity website:

"What we don't want to see is cyclists excluded from the road and forced to share space with pedestrians. Dedicated space for cyclists - preferably segregated - must be made from reallocating roadspace".

Roger Geffen
CTC Campaigns Director

In other words take space off those nasty cars and give it to cycles.... even though they don't use the facilities they already have!!

... so just use the councils 'report it' link that I posted Baz after all this topic is about potholes.

Makes no difference who reports them and why as long as long as the damn things get fixed

I'm more worried about my cars wheels and tyres though than cyclsits as they can weave in between the pot holes around here far easier that a car can :wink:

... so just use the councils 'report it' link that I posted Baz after all this topic is about potholes.

Makes no difference who reports them and why as long as the damn thiings get fixed

I'm more worried about my cars wheels and tyres though than cyclsits as they can weave in between the pot holes around here far easier that a car can :wink:

Not so easy in the dark.

Agreed and like PJ quite righty says it does rely on people actually doing something and many just presume or expect that someone else will do it.

I whinge on here but at the same time I do report things where appropriate as after all the council can only (hopefully) fix or resolve things if they are actally made aware of them in the first place.

Other things I just do myself which is why I now have two full bin sacks of stinking and rotting rubbish to take to the tip tomorrow that we managed to reach on the canal bank this week end.  Not the council's responsibility by the way as it's Peel Holdings that own the banks and the councils pickers are apparently not allowed to reach over and do that as it's 'private' land. (or so I was told by one of them last year)

Infact if Peels are reading maybe they'd like to send a van to collect the two stinking sacks I have rather than me having to use our FAMILY car and maybe they would like to continue from where we stopped ! 

PS WBC you are not off the hook though as the large potholes I reported are still there and are still unmarked for repair by your 'inspector' as are the ones other people have reported !!!!  Do you only have one inspector to cover the whole of Warrington ?? 

Infact maybe just forget the inspectors input , his tape measure and white spray can all together and just send out the actual repair lads to assess and repair if necessary there and then instead eh ? :wink:   Might save a lot of money and time as I'm sure that they know the size/depth criteria and can figure our where to cut and fill !