Hell hath no fury -

observer

Will said Mr Huehne still be eligible to stand for Parliament when his pennance has been served ?

If he'd been kicked upstairs to the House of Lords he could have happily re-joined the likes of Lords Archer, Taylor and the ever-so charming Conrad Black.

Something opponents of the reform of the upper chamber should bear in mind.

Recon she will probably just get a suspended sentence.  

I wonder how much all these court hearings will have cost overall and all for the sake of 3 speeding points.  I hope the ex MP, his wife and their angry son (who finally spilt the beans) are going to foot the entire bill as a gesture of good will to the tax payers.

Bet the son wishes he'd not said anything now that his mums in trouble too rather than just the dad he so clearly despises   :wink:

So people who blow the whistle should foot the bill?

To be honest Nick in this case I think they should as at the end of the day it was just a speeding ticket (3 points and £60 fine ... or whatever the fine would have been 10 years ago ) but it has undoubtably cost a whole lot more now and they should pay as each of them were in on it and knew what they were doing. 

Blimey considering the huge amounts they have both been willing to pay from their own pockets for their own representations to hopefully clear themselves even though they all knew they had lied through their teeth from day one then they can clearly afford to chip in to the other costs too !   Think how much all that money could have benefitted people in need had they just donated it to worthy causes.

Lets face it the truth only came to light after he had an affair years later which quite rightly 'annoyed' his wife and son who clearly just wanted to get back at him in any way they could to get revenge.  

Maybe she should have just accidentally crushed his nuts between two bricks the minute she found out about his affair as that would have saved a whole lot of money and other nonsense :wink:

They are both only expected to serve about 4 ... or maybe even 2 months each 'depending' according to the news tonight Davy.

Asp and Obs.... :lol:  :lol:  Although if I had been the judge I'd have sentenced them with the additional clause that they had to share the SAME cell for the duration of their time inside :)  Cosy nights in and plenty of time to chat might give them both time to reflect on their actions and the way they have both behaved (and lied) rather pathetically throughout this whole costly public farce.

Good to hear that they might have to foot the bill now too... they can afford it.... and no doubt when they come out they will both make a fortune from selling their stories of 'our true love, life and hate' to the tabloids and mags who will be queuing up anyway.   Their careers are in tatters but they have made names for themselves in another way that the saddos will be more interested in and want to read about :wink:

I wish them both well though.......    honest  :)

Will said Mr Huehne still be eligible to stand for Parliament when his pennance has been served ?

Apparantly an mp can still stand if the prison sentence is less than twelve months. Being elected is a different matter. I mean, who in their right mind would vote for a candidate who was jailed for deception/perverting the course of justice?