On The News This Morning 24/12/13.

algy

This mornings 0600hrs TV news reported that experts? are saying that we should all build snowmen to help prevent flooding, the theory is that compacted snow melts much slower than loose snow thus delaying the thaw, surely for that to be effective we should not build the snowmen at the same time or at least build them of varying sizes!.

emoticons_left.gif

Well you have to hurry and get all those snowmen (and snowwomen - and maybe some kids for them too) built because the big thaw is expected at the weekend followed by more rain. Get your dinghies ready, get your snorkels ready, get your flippers ready. Or alternatively head for the hills. Build yourselves arks. The floods are coming!

I'm still wondering how long it will take people on here to actually notice that it's xmas eve Algy :wink:  Blimey the year went fast :lol:

I know Dizz, don't forget to go to bed early and leave a glass of whiskey and a mince pie for Santa as it's very cold tonight.emoticons_left.gif

Hey my xmas tree is up again too and the sacks and mince pies are ready (we had some mincies left from 'last' xmas).  I've sent the teenager to bed early and he can't wait for all his pressies tomorrow.  I told him it's all your fault if he doesn't get any after all :lol:  Mine will probably be empty as usual though but used to that :wink:

At least we can say we've had a white xmas if the forecast is right again tomorrow and even if it's not there's still plenty that's not melted on the fields around Warrington.... snowman making tomorrow is on 8)   

Happy 'xmas' Algy and all :lol:

Dizzy, as I am old and slow (ref your post on my computer problem) will you please explain what you are on about ?????

Victor.... I am not going to explain that to you and if you can't figure it out all by yourself there is clearly no hope for you at all :lol:   Maybe Algy will tell you one day as he's nicer that me :wink:

PS Cleo... Thankfully I have no actual real proof that he is indeed related to me in any way and I will kick and scream until I'm blue in the face and flatly refuse any sort of DNA test just incase  :lol:  

Victor, as I see it, Dizzy was refering to us having a proper white Xmas eve and was hoping for snow, which incidentally we have at this moment in time (2240hrs), however not pretending to understand Dizzy all of the time, I'm possibly totaly wrong. :lol: :lol:

Happy Xmas - again everyone.Ho-Ho-Ho-Merry-Christmas-to-all-animated

Algy... what on earth did you think I was on about if your have only just 'got it' :lol:

I hadn't a clue Dizz, you should know by now I'm in a little world of my own, i was thinking the same as Victor that you had lost the plot, no damage done and no milk spilt!, so all is well in the 'Cuckoo's nest'.

Think I had better update my avatar.

emoticons_left.gifAnimated-Dancing-Hillbilly-w-Jug-1.gif